Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Not Pokémon X and Y Sequels - Nintendo
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 14, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The generation 3 Hoenn remakes are finally confirmed to be slated for a November release date.
Many fans are wondering what to expect from the title as the Pokémon game made its way to the Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems this year.
REUTERS / Eric Thayer
A Pikachu balloon floats down Sixth Avenue during the 87th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York November 28, 2013.
The updated illustrations seen on Groudon and Kyogre boxes led fans to think that the legendaries will have mega evolutions or Alpha and Omega forms. Although Nintendo has not made any official announcement regarding the matter just yet, it has gone on record saying that these games will be remakes. Instead of a Pokémon X and Y follow-up, fans will be able to replay the quest back in 2003 in full 3D.
In the 2014 financial report briefing of Nintendo, the company briefly explained the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Although the company did not reveal what to expect from the game per se, it used the term 'full remake' to describe the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
"The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, 'Pokémon Omega Ruby' and 'Pokémon Alpha Sapphire' will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance 'Pokémon Ruby' and 'Pokémon Sapphire' games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide."
Although these gen 3 Hoenn games will be remakes, new features are still expected to come out of Ruby and Sapphire 2.0.
Back when the Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green were released, new features like Battle Tower and wireless communication were added to the original game. PokéWalker and team members following were added to the Heart Gold and Soul Silver remade editions as well. Thus far, the additions for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remains unknown but additions are likely to come.
There is not much information regarding the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire just yet but the new look from the Groudon and Kyogre box might hint mega forms.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates