Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Midfield Ace Hints Exit, Return to England Possible
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 2:30 PM EST
FC Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano hinted that he could be on his way out of the Nou Camp after their final game in the La Liga this season, with England expected to be his destination.
FC Barcelona's Javier Mascherano hints Nou Camp exit, Liverpool seen as expected destination
"It could be the last for many players," said the Argentinian.
The 29-year-old appeared in 27 games in the La Liga and was also instrumental to Barca's Champions League run, but with a contract that is due to expire in two years and his seeming mismatch with the Blaugrana's system - being deployed as a centre-back, which is not his natural position - the upcoming window could be the best time to still make a profit out of the defensive minded player.
Liverpool is tipped to be favourites to land Mascherano since he had a great time wearing the red uniform in the past, while boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to add a dependable support in front of the Reds' shaky defence.
The former West Ham man is suggested to be worth £12million, should the Merseyside outfit pursue his services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet