Minecraft PS4, PS Vita Expected Release and Teaser, PS3 Retail Version and New Snapshot 14w19a Out
By Gel Galang | May 14, 2014 1:39 PM EST
The "Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One" versions are already deep in production, with little glimpses here and there care of 4J Studios' very clever teases.
But this time, a pretty straightforward look for the PS Vita version of "Minecraft" has been released by the developers via a snapshot in their official Twitter. This is in response to a fan query on what the updates are for the PS Vita of the game.
So far, no official announcements have been made on whether the "Minecraft" PS4 and PS Vita version will be at the same level as what's already playable for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. But the "Minecraft" PS4 and PS Vita versions have been narrowed down to a release date sometime in Q2 or Q3 of 2014. This means that the latest that fans will have to wait will be September for the two versions to debut, because according to PlayStation Lifestyle, the developer is aiming for a release sometime within that timeframe.
For those who are looking for the PS3 retail version, the PlayStation Blog has just announced via The Drop that the retail version of the "Minecraft" PS3 version is already out.
It comes out alongside the retail and digital release of the "Borderlands 2" on PS Vita, "Serious Sam 3: BFE" for the PS3 and "Soul Sacrifice Delta" for the PS Vita, both as digital downloads. Best to check that out if you haven't gotten a copy of "Minecraft" on the PS3.
"Minecraft" snapshot 14w19a is now up for download
A small snapshot has been released for diligent fans who want first dibs and who want to help out the developers in finding bugs. Dubbed the "Minecraft" Snapshot 14w19a, this new snapshot is fairly small compared to others, because Mojang seems to be busy on optimizations and expanding the spectator mode.
Some of the changes with snapshot 14w19a include the following:
- World border received a bunch of new options and improvements
- Spectator mode has a preliminary interface for teleporting to other players (though the developer has noted that it's far from complete)
As per usual, snapshots can corrupt worlds, so always back up or run the snapshots in a different folder from your main worlds.
The download links for the snapshot and the link for reporting bugs are can all be found in the link above.
Aside from the new snapshot, Minecraft Realms, the subscription-based service that lets you and your friends host and play a "Minecraft" world online, has already expanded to more countries.
"Realms is the easiest way for you to host a 'Minecraft' world online. You and your friends can work on an awesome creation, adventure into the depths, or play one of our featured mini-games with just a few clicks," said Mojang over at the official Web site.
For now, only those playing "Minecraft" via the PC or Mac can enjoy Minecraft Realms, though Mojang has promised that they will release the service to other formats in the future. Check out the map in the link here to see if your country is one of those covered by the Minecraft Realms service.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble