Nintendo’s Fighting Chance: A New Console by 2015, New Pokemon Games and Better Future Tomodachi Life
By Gel Galang | May 14, 2014 1:36 PM EST
While the Wii U and 3DS are still fairly new devices, Nintendo is already drafting plans for the consoles that it plans to release in a year's time. Reuters reports that a new console and software will be rolled out by Nintendo for emerging markets, though this segment will be targeted towards consumers from the lower end of the SES and are not as hardcore gamers compared to developed countries.
One of the sighted territories where the new Nintendo hardware can be released is China, though Nintendo is being more practical and strategic this time around.
"It would be difficult to enter those markets if we didn't create something new... For the mass markets, you need to provide something that most of the middle class can afford," said Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in an interview as quoted by Reuters.
The company is currently planning on entering the Chinese market with a different approach from how Microsoft plans to do it, but for now, there are no details given yet on how this will be or what the new Nintendo hardware will be like.
Pokemon announcement: Another title coming out in Japan
CoroCoro has been a source of new information about the upcoming new Pokemon games, and the most recent one that has been spotted by Serebii involves a new title called "The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokemon."
The new game is supposedly headed over to Japan 3DS eShops come June 5, and will make use of the StreetPass so that players can collect Pokemons and engage thieves in battle.
"The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokemon" is not related to the 3DS remakes "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." If anything, it hails to characters from the Pokemon X and Y movie, Diancie & The Cocoon of Destruction, where the thieves are based on characters like Marilyn and Riot.
The game also features Pikachu as a special download, though there were no announcements of whether it will be available for a Western release sometime later.
'Tomodachi Life' and the same-sex ban issue
Another issue that Nintendo has currently faced is the same-sex ban in 'Tomodachi Life.' It first started out as a bug, where players can change their male characters to female, which can then allow for same-sex relationships in the game.
However, TIME reports that Nintendo has eliminated this bug, which then led to the players thinking that they are banning the idea of same-sex relationships in "Tomodachi Life."
Nintendo has already issued a full apology, which goes along the lines of: "We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships in 'Tomodachi Life.' Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game's design, and such a significant development change can't be accomplished with a post-ship patch."
According to TIME, Nintendo plans on remedying this in the future, wherein the next installment in the 'Tomodachi' franchise will strive for a more inclusive representation of all players.
Nintendo is one of the companies who take these matters seriously, and any feedback from the public usually makes its way towards the debate table over at Nintendo. However, it would be an interesting stance for the next "Tomodachi Life" series, as to how it will position the game from then on.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display