‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 12 – Top 3 Finalists Sing 3 Songs’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 14, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Only two more weeks to go before the "American Idol" 2014 winner gets crowned. After being given the freedom to pick their songs last week, a new report reveals that the AI Season 13 producers have decided that for this week's performance the Top 3 finalists are singing songs picked by other people.
Country music singer Scotty McCreery arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to a TVLine report, the Top 3 Idol finalists Caleb Johnson, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Alex Preston are singing three songs on the Idol stage. Spoilers reveal that the first song is chosen by the American Idol Season 13 judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. Second song is chosen by mentor Randy Jackson and third song is chosen by each of the idol finalist's hometown.
Last week, after singing love songs on the Idol stage, Jessica Meuse was eliminated and sent home, finishing American Idol 2014 in fourth place.
"Everything I've done my whole life, regarding my musical career, has definitely given me the character that I need to take this and appreciate it," Meuse told USA Today.
"So I'm really thankful for all the hard times and good times. Playing that many shows and, for lack of a better word, working your (butt) off, it shows you how to appreciate things when you do have them," the 23-year-old singer and songwriter from Slapout, Alabama added.
Jessica Meuse also shared that the whole American Idol experience has been "educational" for her, learning not only about music but about herself.
Meanwhile, after being reportedly robbed at gunpoint by a group of intruders during a visit at a home in Raleigh, North Carolina in the U.S. on May 5, American Idol 2011 winner and country singer Scotty McCreery is coming back to the idol stage on Thursday, May 15, as the Idol winner has revealed on his Facebook page.
McCreery is set to step on the stage with his new single "Feelin' It."
With the 20-year-old country singer's reveal on social media that he's appearing on Idol, the singer's huge fan base has expressed their support and their excitement to see the 2011 Idol winner eventually step up on the American Idol 2014 stage and perform, again.
— Scotty McCreery (@ScottyMcCreery) May 9, 2014
@ScottyMcCreery @AmericanIdol your fan base is counting the days and hours til you perform....we are PSYCHED. !!!!!!! — estie (@grandmas4scotty) May 9, 2014
@ScottyMcCreery ahhhhh!! I'm so excited!!! Yayy!!! Can't wait to watch your performance! Maybe it won't be that bad of a bday week! — Mireya (@msauce_16) May 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date