‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 12 – Top 3 Finalists Sing 3 Songs’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 14, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Only two more weeks to go before the "American Idol" 2014 winner gets crowned. After being given the freedom to pick their songs last week, a new report reveals that the AI Season 13 producers have decided that for this week's performance the Top 3 finalists are singing songs picked by other people.
Country music singer Scotty McCreery arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to a TVLine report, the Top 3 Idol finalists Caleb Johnson, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Alex Preston are singing three songs on the Idol stage. Spoilers reveal that the first song is chosen by the American Idol Season 13 judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. Second song is chosen by mentor Randy Jackson and third song is chosen by each of the idol finalist's hometown.
Last week, after singing love songs on the Idol stage, Jessica Meuse was eliminated and sent home, finishing American Idol 2014 in fourth place.
"Everything I've done my whole life, regarding my musical career, has definitely given me the character that I need to take this and appreciate it," Meuse told USA Today.
"So I'm really thankful for all the hard times and good times. Playing that many shows and, for lack of a better word, working your (butt) off, it shows you how to appreciate things when you do have them," the 23-year-old singer and songwriter from Slapout, Alabama added.
Jessica Meuse also shared that the whole American Idol experience has been "educational" for her, learning not only about music but about herself.
Meanwhile, after being reportedly robbed at gunpoint by a group of intruders during a visit at a home in Raleigh, North Carolina in the U.S. on May 5, American Idol 2011 winner and country singer Scotty McCreery is coming back to the idol stage on Thursday, May 15, as the Idol winner has revealed on his Facebook page.
McCreery is set to step on the stage with his new single "Feelin' It."
With the 20-year-old country singer's reveal on social media that he's appearing on Idol, the singer's huge fan base has expressed their support and their excitement to see the 2011 Idol winner eventually step up on the American Idol 2014 stage and perform, again.
— Scotty McCreery (@ScottyMcCreery) May 9, 2014
@ScottyMcCreery @AmericanIdol your fan base is counting the days and hours til you perform....we are PSYCHED. !!!!!!! — estie (@grandmas4scotty) May 9, 2014
@ScottyMcCreery ahhhhh!! I'm so excited!!! Yayy!!! Can't wait to watch your performance! Maybe it won't be that bad of a bday week! — Mireya (@msauce_16) May 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales