‘How I Met Your Dad’ Updates: CBS is Still Undecided on “How I Met Your Mother” Spinoff
By Riza Ornos | May 14, 2014 1:07 PM EST
After an epic finale of “How I Met Your Mother,” show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are moving forward to the show’s spinoff with “How I Met Your Dad.” Now in the middle of pilot season, CBS is still undecided whether to continue the pilot into a series and showrunners could be shopping other networks if CBS declines to pick it up.
According to Deadline, “CBS has until this Wednesday to pick up the project or the rights revert back to producer 20th Century Fox TV, which plans to take it elsewhere.” Now with its new batch of series’, CBS is yet to confirm “How I Met Your Dad’s” fate come Wednesday or producers of the show will have to look for another network to continue the spinoff.
With its new drama series “Scorpion” and “Breaking Bad’s” Vince Gilligan “Battle Creek,” CBS recently cancelled 20th’s “Friends With Better Lives” and “The Crazy Ones” so there are plenty of rooms for HIMYD. Although the show was not included on the first batch of approved series, the network did not announce that “Dad” is a no go and it could simply mean that there are some types of negotiations that must be taking place.
May 14, Wednesday, CBS will announce its final list of 2014-15 schedule of series and fans can only cross their fingers about the show’s future with the network. Far from its original series, “How I Met Your Dad” will offer a different perspective as a young woman trying to find the love of her life.
“It's going to be different than the original. When the premise of the show is that it's a young man looking for his true love, it's a very different feeling than a young woman looking for her true love, “says “How I Met Your Dad” lead Greta Gerwig in an interview with Vulture.
The proposed gender-flipped spinoff will star Greta Gerwig who will play as Sally, the girl equivalent of Ted who is trying to pick up the pieces following her divorce. Meg Ryan will provide her voice as the future Sally following the narration of Bob Saget who played the older Ted in “How I Met Your Mother.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate