‘How I Met Your Dad’ Updates: CBS is Still Undecided on “How I Met Your Mother” Spinoff
By Riza Ornos | May 14, 2014 1:07 PM EST
After an epic finale of “How I Met Your Mother,” show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are moving forward to the show’s spinoff with “How I Met Your Dad.” Now in the middle of pilot season, CBS is still undecided whether to continue the pilot into a series and showrunners could be shopping other networks if CBS declines to pick it up.
According to Deadline, “CBS has until this Wednesday to pick up the project or the rights revert back to producer 20th Century Fox TV, which plans to take it elsewhere.” Now with its new batch of series’, CBS is yet to confirm “How I Met Your Dad’s” fate come Wednesday or producers of the show will have to look for another network to continue the spinoff.
With its new drama series “Scorpion” and “Breaking Bad’s” Vince Gilligan “Battle Creek,” CBS recently cancelled 20th’s “Friends With Better Lives” and “The Crazy Ones” so there are plenty of rooms for HIMYD. Although the show was not included on the first batch of approved series, the network did not announce that “Dad” is a no go and it could simply mean that there are some types of negotiations that must be taking place.
May 14, Wednesday, CBS will announce its final list of 2014-15 schedule of series and fans can only cross their fingers about the show’s future with the network. Far from its original series, “How I Met Your Dad” will offer a different perspective as a young woman trying to find the love of her life.
“It's going to be different than the original. When the premise of the show is that it's a young man looking for his true love, it's a very different feeling than a young woman looking for her true love, “says “How I Met Your Dad” lead Greta Gerwig in an interview with Vulture.
The proposed gender-flipped spinoff will star Greta Gerwig who will play as Sally, the girl equivalent of Ted who is trying to pick up the pieces following her divorce. Meg Ryan will provide her voice as the future Sally following the narration of Bob Saget who played the older Ted in “How I Met Your Mother.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan