Jay Z-Solange Relationship On Happier Times Before Elevator Fight [Photos]
By Tanya Diente | May 14, 2014 1:02 PM EST
It was just last week during the Met Gala that Beyonce shared photos of herself happily taking pictures with Jay Z and other stars inside the grand event. So nobody would have pictured out then, what seems to have occurred later in the night. Leaked video footage shows what appears to be Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, furiously kicking Jay Z in an elevator, while a bodyguard attempts to separate them. Beyonce remained composed during the entire episode, not seeming to be bothered.
Australian model Miranda Kerr (L-R), actress Jessica Alba and Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles pose for photographers before H&M's Fall/Winter 2014-2015 women's ready-to-wear collection during ParisFashion Week February 26, 2014. REUTERS/Stephane Mahe
According to TMZ, if the footage is legit, then it only shows that no family is invulnerable to quarrels. In any case, the video still surprised viewers since they have only been seeing happy photographs of the Carter-Knowles family throughout the years.
Scroll down for "Solange-Jay Z" elevator fight video
In 2010, Jay Z even brought Solange's child, Juelz, with him in front of an audience to acknowledge a Grammy Award. What's more in 2002, before becoming in-laws, the trio appeared on BET's "106 & Park" to advertise their musical ventures together.
Below are photos from TMZ and Global Grind showing Jay Z and Solange's public appearances over the years.
In 2005, Solange Knowles and Jay Z, together with Beyonce and Kelly Rowland attended the NBA All-Star Game (photo).
In August 2006, Solange and Jay Z were all smiles at the MTV Video Music Awards (photo).
At the 2013 Grammy Awards, Solange and Jay Z were seated next to each other again, like in 2004's Grammy Awards (photo).
In January 2014, the Carter-Knowles family partied hard for mother Tina Knowle's birthday (photo).
In April, Solange and Jay Z with wife Beyonce jammed at the Coachella (photo).
Solange Knowles and Jay Z spotted at the Made in America Festival (photo).
Solange greeted by Jay Z and Beyonce after her performance at the "Made in America" Festival (photo).
The "Solange-Jay Z elevator fight" had viewers speculating on the reason why Solange had violently attacked the rapper.
One speculation, according to commentators on MTV's website, said that Jay Z had been abusive to Beyonce and Solange had had enough. Blood is thicker than water, and Solange was just looking out for Beyonce.
Whatever the reason for the fight, viewers are hoping that the family comes back together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate