Leila McKinnon Compares Husband David Gyngell and James Packer’s Brawl with Solange and Jay Z’s Elevator Fight
By Anne Lu | May 14, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Leila McKinnon has compared her husband David Gyngell’s public fistfight with James Packer to Solange Knowles and Jay Z’s elevator brawl.
The news presenter revealed on Twitter that she felt an affinity with Beyonce and her warring sister and husband after their private fight became public online.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Ok so they're much better dressed and a little more discreet but I feel a kinship with Beyonce, Solange, and Jay-Z today.
— leilamckinnon (@leilamckinnon) May 13, 2014
McKinnon was of course talking about the Bondi Beach brawl involving her husband, Nine Network CEO David Gyngell, and his childhood friend, billionaire James Packer.
Gyngell and Packer were photographed wrestling with each other outside Packer’s home earlier in May. According to witnesses, they only stopped fighting after they were forcibly separated by their bodyguards.
Both parties refused to comment on the incident, only saying in a joint statement, “We have been friends for 35 years and still are. In that time we have had our fair share of ups and downs. We respect each other and neither of us will be commenting further.”
They were issued with criminal infringement notices for offensive behaviour. If uncontested, they face $500 fine.
Unlike the Gyngell-Packer incident, Solange and Jay Z’s scuffle happened in a private space. No one outside their circle would have known about it if not for the leak of the security footage of The Standard Hotel.
Nevertheless, there are several similarities between the Gyngell-Packer brawl and the Solange-Jay Z attack.
Like the two Australians who are among the richest in the country, Solange and Jay Z are also not doing badly in the financial department.
Jay Z and Beyonce are named one of the wealthiest couples in the world, according to Forbes. And with an older sister like Beyonce,
Solange and Jay Z also have been keeping mum about their fight, not giving any explanation for it. Although if their actions are any indication, they are perhaps saying that their fight has also caused the rift between the sisters.
Solange has deleted all photos of Beyonce on her Instagram account, save for one photo that was posted 15 months ago, while Beyonce went with Jay Z at the NBA game of the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4