Leila McKinnon Compares Husband David Gyngell and James Packer’s Brawl with Solange and Jay Z’s Elevator Fight
By Anne Lu | May 14, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Leila McKinnon has compared her husband David Gyngell’s public fistfight with James Packer to Solange Knowles and Jay Z’s elevator brawl.
The news presenter revealed on Twitter that she felt an affinity with Beyonce and her warring sister and husband after their private fight became public online.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Ok so they're much better dressed and a little more discreet but I feel a kinship with Beyonce, Solange, and Jay-Z today.
— leilamckinnon (@leilamckinnon) May 13, 2014
McKinnon was of course talking about the Bondi Beach brawl involving her husband, Nine Network CEO David Gyngell, and his childhood friend, billionaire James Packer.
Gyngell and Packer were photographed wrestling with each other outside Packer’s home earlier in May. According to witnesses, they only stopped fighting after they were forcibly separated by their bodyguards.
Both parties refused to comment on the incident, only saying in a joint statement, “We have been friends for 35 years and still are. In that time we have had our fair share of ups and downs. We respect each other and neither of us will be commenting further.”
They were issued with criminal infringement notices for offensive behaviour. If uncontested, they face $500 fine.
Unlike the Gyngell-Packer incident, Solange and Jay Z’s scuffle happened in a private space. No one outside their circle would have known about it if not for the leak of the security footage of The Standard Hotel.
Nevertheless, there are several similarities between the Gyngell-Packer brawl and the Solange-Jay Z attack.
Like the two Australians who are among the richest in the country, Solange and Jay Z are also not doing badly in the financial department.
Jay Z and Beyonce are named one of the wealthiest couples in the world, according to Forbes. And with an older sister like Beyonce,
Solange and Jay Z also have been keeping mum about their fight, not giving any explanation for it. Although if their actions are any indication, they are perhaps saying that their fight has also caused the rift between the sisters.
Solange has deleted all photos of Beyonce on her Instagram account, save for one photo that was posted 15 months ago, while Beyonce went with Jay Z at the NBA game of the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase