Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and S5 Prime Tipped in Support Page, Listing and Release Date
By Gel Galang | May 14, 2014 11:57 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is one of the anticipated handsets that is yet to be announced by the South Korean company, yet another clue has led fans to believe that it's definitely coming soon.
According to the report, the support page is directed for Scandinavian countries, including Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, with a placeholder page for the SM-G850F model of the handset.
Debates have pointed to how the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active may be a bit redundant considering that the current Samsung Galaxy S5 is already a tough handset to begin with. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy S4, the latest iteration of Samsung's flagship phone is already water-proofed like the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
But reports have pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will have a higher degree of toughness, as it has been rumoured to have an MIL-STD-810G rating.
This means that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will now be protected even from salt water damage, thermal shocks, and a number of other potential sources of damage. This will make the Samsung Galaxy S4 a much improved rugged version.
Listing for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime shows off model
Another Samsung handset that's making the rounds of rumours is the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, and a new listing has appeared bearing a possible model number. Droid-Life reports that this model number is SM-G906K, which will make it a product listing for Olleh TV, a Korea-based telecom.
Even with the consistent naming approach for Samsung products, the listing did not contain any other information that can link it back to what has already been rumoured about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime.
So far, what has been rumoured about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime is that it can go head-to-head with the LG G3. This means possible QHD Super AMOLED display, a 2560x1440 resolution, an upgrade to the Exynos 5430, faster CPU speed and a tweaked display controller, reports Slash Gear.
Stuff adds that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime may even run a 2K display, the Snapdragon 806 quad-core processor, 3GB or RAM and a higher 16-megapixel camera.
Samsung Galaxy S5 update for camera
As far as the already released flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5, a new update was spotted by Sam Mobile, which improves the camera's and the gallery's speed. The fingerprint scanner has also improved with the first update, as well as general improvements for the handset.
According to the source, the update is already rolling out and can be accessed over Kies, though it could take a while before the update is seen on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS