Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and S5 Prime Tipped in Support Page, Listing and Release Date
By Gel Galang | May 14, 2014 11:57 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is one of the anticipated handsets that is yet to be announced by the South Korean company, yet another clue has led fans to believe that it's definitely coming soon.
According to the report, the support page is directed for Scandinavian countries, including Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, with a placeholder page for the SM-G850F model of the handset.
Debates have pointed to how the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active may be a bit redundant considering that the current Samsung Galaxy S5 is already a tough handset to begin with. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy S4, the latest iteration of Samsung's flagship phone is already water-proofed like the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
But reports have pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will have a higher degree of toughness, as it has been rumoured to have an MIL-STD-810G rating.
This means that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will now be protected even from salt water damage, thermal shocks, and a number of other potential sources of damage. This will make the Samsung Galaxy S4 a much improved rugged version.
Listing for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime shows off model
Another Samsung handset that's making the rounds of rumours is the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, and a new listing has appeared bearing a possible model number. Droid-Life reports that this model number is SM-G906K, which will make it a product listing for Olleh TV, a Korea-based telecom.
Even with the consistent naming approach for Samsung products, the listing did not contain any other information that can link it back to what has already been rumoured about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime.
So far, what has been rumoured about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime is that it can go head-to-head with the LG G3. This means possible QHD Super AMOLED display, a 2560x1440 resolution, an upgrade to the Exynos 5430, faster CPU speed and a tweaked display controller, reports Slash Gear.
Stuff adds that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime may even run a 2K display, the Snapdragon 806 quad-core processor, 3GB or RAM and a higher 16-megapixel camera.
Samsung Galaxy S5 update for camera
As far as the already released flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5, a new update was spotted by Sam Mobile, which improves the camera's and the gallery's speed. The fingerprint scanner has also improved with the first update, as well as general improvements for the handset.
According to the source, the update is already rolling out and can be accessed over Kies, though it could take a while before the update is seen on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2