Jay-Z and Solange Knowles' ‘Elevator Brawl’: Bodyguard Lacked Skills, Says Former UFC Fighter Ken Shamrock
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 14, 2014 11:29 AM EST
Bodyguards are employed by celebrities and well-known people for one reason, and that is to protect them at all costs. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter Ken Shamrock thinks that Jay-Z's bodyguard lacked skills and failed to do his job during the recent altercation involving the rapper and Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Shamrock told TMZ that Solange's assault on Jay-Z shouldn't have taken place if the rapper's bodyguard was doing what he was supposed to do. "It's pretty clear that something went off (between Jay-Z and Solange) before the fight," said Shamrock. According to the UFC legend, the bodyguard shouldn't have allowed Jay-Z and Solange inside an elevator together. "You're waiting for a time bomb to go off, and when it does, you're stuck," added Shamrock.
Shamrock added that the bodyguard was busy pressing the elevator buttons instead of stopping Solange from hitting Jay-Z. "It seemed to me he didn't know what his job was." Shamrock said it was easy to comment on the incident based on the video and there may be more to the story, but thinks that the assault shouldn't have happened.
"Jay-Z got attacked, and it didn't have to happen that way," wrote TMZ.
Shamrock also tweeted:
In January, Shamrock worked for rapper 50 Cent's personal protection detail at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas.
The incident between Jay-Z and Solange happened at the after party of the MET Gala Event at the Standard Hotel in New York. In the video obtained by TMZ, Solange was seen throwing punches and kicking Jay-Z. She managed to hit Jay-Z, but the rapper didn't fight back. The reasons why Solange attacked Jay-Z are yet to be known.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS