Ashley Tisdale 'Proud' of Zac Efron in 'Neighbors' Movie; Film Continues to Top Box Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 14, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale may be busy for her upcoming bachelorette party following her engagement to musician Christopher French. However, this does not mean she does not have time to watch a good movie and show her support to "High School Musical" co-star Zac Efron via a tweet after watching his recent comedy film "Neighbors."
Zac Efron poses after he threw off his shirt as he accepts the award for best shirtless performance for "That Awkward Moment" as presenters Rita Ora and Jessica Alba (2nd R) look on at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California, April 13, 2014.
In Tisdale's post, she expressed she is pleased with the "Neighbors'" hilarious story and shared how much she is proud of Zac Efron. She used the hashtag #NeighborsMovie and hints at her followers that the film is a "must see." The post had been retweeted by Efron in his official Twitter account.
Meanwhile, Tisdale is not the only one who congratulated Efron for the success of the "Neighbors" through the social networking site, Twitter. Judd Apatow and Rebel Wilson, along other Hollywood names, also gave their good comments regarding Efron's performance as "Teddy Sanders," the fraternity leader who waged war with "peace-loving" couple Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) in the film.
"Neighbors" is an American comedy film released internationally as "Bad Neighbours," starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron, Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. It tells a story of fraternity who transferred in a neighbourhood where the Radner family lives. By throwing outrageous parties, the group begins to shake the family's supposedly peaceful lifestyle.
The film marked a powerful opening with $51.1 million in earnings 3 days after its release in North America. It topped the box office charts, subsequently pulling "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in second place. Though the film was not able to snatch the title from "Ted," being the R-rated movie to have the biggest opening weekend in the U.S., "Neighbors" is expected to continually rise in box office sales in the following weeks.
Zac Efron's killer six packs can launch a thousand audiences for the film. For fans of Efron, one of the "Neighbors'" biggest catch is the scenes of the actor going shirtless. The shirtless Zac is a popular social media topic recently. It was even more highlighted after the star won an MTV award for the "Best Shirtless Performance."
"Neighbors" was retitled "Bad Neighbors" in Australia and was released on May 8, 2014.
Watch 'Bad Neighbors' trailer [VIDEO] below:
(Credit: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Trailers)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS