Ashley Tisdale 'Proud' of Zac Efron in 'Neighbors' Movie; Film Continues to Top Box Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 14, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale may be busy for her upcoming bachelorette party following her engagement to musician Christopher French. However, this does not mean she does not have time to watch a good movie and show her support to "High School Musical" co-star Zac Efron via a tweet after watching his recent comedy film "Neighbors."
Zac Efron poses after he threw off his shirt as he accepts the award for best shirtless performance for "That Awkward Moment" as presenters Rita Ora and Jessica Alba (2nd R) look on at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California, April 13, 2014.
In Tisdale's post, she expressed she is pleased with the "Neighbors'" hilarious story and shared how much she is proud of Zac Efron. She used the hashtag #NeighborsMovie and hints at her followers that the film is a "must see." The post had been retweeted by Efron in his official Twitter account.
Meanwhile, Tisdale is not the only one who congratulated Efron for the success of the "Neighbors" through the social networking site, Twitter. Judd Apatow and Rebel Wilson, along other Hollywood names, also gave their good comments regarding Efron's performance as "Teddy Sanders," the fraternity leader who waged war with "peace-loving" couple Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) in the film.
"Neighbors" is an American comedy film released internationally as "Bad Neighbours," starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron, Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. It tells a story of fraternity who transferred in a neighbourhood where the Radner family lives. By throwing outrageous parties, the group begins to shake the family's supposedly peaceful lifestyle.
The film marked a powerful opening with $51.1 million in earnings 3 days after its release in North America. It topped the box office charts, subsequently pulling "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in second place. Though the film was not able to snatch the title from "Ted," being the R-rated movie to have the biggest opening weekend in the U.S., "Neighbors" is expected to continually rise in box office sales in the following weeks.
Zac Efron's killer six packs can launch a thousand audiences for the film. For fans of Efron, one of the "Neighbors'" biggest catch is the scenes of the actor going shirtless. The shirtless Zac is a popular social media topic recently. It was even more highlighted after the star won an MTV award for the "Best Shirtless Performance."
"Neighbors" was retitled "Bad Neighbors" in Australia and was released on May 8, 2014.
Watch 'Bad Neighbors' trailer [VIDEO] below:
(Credit: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Trailers)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes