Ashley Tisdale 'Proud' of Zac Efron in 'Neighbors' Movie; Film Continues to Top Box Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 14, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale may be busy for her upcoming bachelorette party following her engagement to musician Christopher French. However, this does not mean she does not have time to watch a good movie and show her support to "High School Musical" co-star Zac Efron via a tweet after watching his recent comedy film "Neighbors."
Zac Efron poses after he threw off his shirt as he accepts the award for best shirtless performance for "That Awkward Moment" as presenters Rita Ora and Jessica Alba (2nd R) look on at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California, April 13, 2014.
In Tisdale's post, she expressed she is pleased with the "Neighbors'" hilarious story and shared how much she is proud of Zac Efron. She used the hashtag #NeighborsMovie and hints at her followers that the film is a "must see." The post had been retweeted by Efron in his official Twitter account.
Meanwhile, Tisdale is not the only one who congratulated Efron for the success of the "Neighbors" through the social networking site, Twitter. Judd Apatow and Rebel Wilson, along other Hollywood names, also gave their good comments regarding Efron's performance as "Teddy Sanders," the fraternity leader who waged war with "peace-loving" couple Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) in the film.
"Neighbors" is an American comedy film released internationally as "Bad Neighbours," starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron, Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. It tells a story of fraternity who transferred in a neighbourhood where the Radner family lives. By throwing outrageous parties, the group begins to shake the family's supposedly peaceful lifestyle.
The film marked a powerful opening with $51.1 million in earnings 3 days after its release in North America. It topped the box office charts, subsequently pulling "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in second place. Though the film was not able to snatch the title from "Ted," being the R-rated movie to have the biggest opening weekend in the U.S., "Neighbors" is expected to continually rise in box office sales in the following weeks.
Zac Efron's killer six packs can launch a thousand audiences for the film. For fans of Efron, one of the "Neighbors'" biggest catch is the scenes of the actor going shirtless. The shirtless Zac is a popular social media topic recently. It was even more highlighted after the star won an MTV award for the "Best Shirtless Performance."
"Neighbors" was retitled "Bad Neighbors" in Australia and was released on May 8, 2014.
Watch 'Bad Neighbors' trailer [VIDEO] below:
(Credit: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Trailers)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report