Ashley Tisdale 'Proud' of Zac Efron in 'Neighbors' Movie; Film Continues to Top Box Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 14, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale may be busy for her upcoming bachelorette party following her engagement to musician Christopher French. However, this does not mean she does not have time to watch a good movie and show her support to "High School Musical" co-star Zac Efron via a tweet after watching his recent comedy film "Neighbors."
Zac Efron poses after he threw off his shirt as he accepts the award for best shirtless performance for "That Awkward Moment" as presenters Rita Ora and Jessica Alba (2nd R) look on at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California, April 13, 2014.
In Tisdale's post, she expressed she is pleased with the "Neighbors'" hilarious story and shared how much she is proud of Zac Efron. She used the hashtag #NeighborsMovie and hints at her followers that the film is a "must see." The post had been retweeted by Efron in his official Twitter account.
Meanwhile, Tisdale is not the only one who congratulated Efron for the success of the "Neighbors" through the social networking site, Twitter. Judd Apatow and Rebel Wilson, along other Hollywood names, also gave their good comments regarding Efron's performance as "Teddy Sanders," the fraternity leader who waged war with "peace-loving" couple Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) in the film.
"Neighbors" is an American comedy film released internationally as "Bad Neighbours," starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron, Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. It tells a story of fraternity who transferred in a neighbourhood where the Radner family lives. By throwing outrageous parties, the group begins to shake the family's supposedly peaceful lifestyle.
The film marked a powerful opening with $51.1 million in earnings 3 days after its release in North America. It topped the box office charts, subsequently pulling "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in second place. Though the film was not able to snatch the title from "Ted," being the R-rated movie to have the biggest opening weekend in the U.S., "Neighbors" is expected to continually rise in box office sales in the following weeks.
Zac Efron's killer six packs can launch a thousand audiences for the film. For fans of Efron, one of the "Neighbors'" biggest catch is the scenes of the actor going shirtless. The shirtless Zac is a popular social media topic recently. It was even more highlighted after the star won an MTV award for the "Best Shirtless Performance."
"Neighbors" was retitled "Bad Neighbors" in Australia and was released on May 8, 2014.
Watch 'Bad Neighbors' trailer [VIDEO] below:
(Credit: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Trailers)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide