Apple Inc's iPhone 5S Outperforms Samsung Galaxy S5 in South Korea's Smartphone Satisfaction Rankings
By Reissa Su | May 14, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Apple Inc reigns supreme in Samsung's home turf in South Korea with the iPhone 5S leading in smartphone satisfaction rankings. South Korean marketing firm Marketing Insight has tracked users' satisfaction based on a variety of factors.
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo.
The smartphone satisfaction survey has pitted Apple's iPhone 5S against Samsung's Galaxy S5, Nexus 5, LG G Pro 2 and other smartphone models. The firm noted that Apple Inc has scored above average in every category while Samsung garnered below average scores in design, multimedia speed, display, processing speed, size and weight.
Samsung's latest flagship phone also scored low in terms of usability, response to touch and UI design. In every category, Samsung was ranked below Apple, but the South Korean electronics giant was also below average when compared to other Android phones based on design. Samsung was ranked sixth place in design behind Apple's iPhone 5, the last two models of LG's G2 phones and Nexus 5 which carries the Google brand.
The research firm asked 9,397 customers who bought a smartphone between October 2013 and April 2014. In a report by Korean-language Ohmy News, the gap satisfaction between Apple's products and those of South Korean has increased.
The site also reported that Apple's smartphone satisfaction score was 798 out of 1,000. The score propelled Apple to first place in the rankings with a gap of nearly 200 points from its local competitors. LG came in second overall with 609 points followed by Samsung with 600 and Pantech with 577 points.
The South Korean survey also revealed that almost 90 per cent of iPhone users responded they were "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their device. About 50 per cent of local smartphone users replied similarly.
Marketing Insight has been quoted as saying the score of iPhone 5S is "amazing" considering the observation that product satisfaction decreases based on the period since the phone has been released in the market.
The site further reported that Samsung's Galaxy S5 had a "humiliating result" since it ranked below LG's G Pro 2 in any category.
According to Apple Insider, Samsung has fired its head of mobile design after the company has observed the market's cool reception for its latest flagship, the Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown