‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Says He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue
By Anne Lu | May 14, 2014 6:44 AM EST
“The Voice Australia” coach Kylie Minogue had an awkward moment on the show after contestant Zaachariah Fielding of the R&B duo ZK was caught on camera snubbing her as she opened her arms for a hug. Fielding claimed the snub was unintentional, and that he doesn’t need to apologise.
On Monday night’s show, Fielding and his friend Kristal West performed a soulful version of Justin Bieber’s “As Long As You Love Me” during the blind audition. The coaches – Minogue, will.i.am, Ricky Martin and Joel Madden – were impressed by the pair, although only will.i.am turned his seat at the last minute, which means that they would be joining his team.
“I love you, will! You’re the bomb, man,” West excitedly declared after seeing that the Black Eyed Peas star chose them.
The coaches then reached out to the young Aboriginal singers for a congratulatory hug. The pair, which call themselves together as ZK, came down from stage to do exactly that, but it appeared that they skipped out on Minogue.
Fielding was seen on camera hugging Will, but then ignoring the waiting Minogue as he made his way over to Martin and Madden. Minogue looked a bit hurt and dejected from Fielding’s perhaps unintentional snub.
Viewers who saw the awkward exchange took to Twitter to comment.
— Rinah (@rinahxTMV) May 13, 2014
Why did Z from ZK walk past Kylie and didn,t shake her hand??? #thevoice #ZK #Kylie — Leontine Stolk (@leontine78) May 12, 2014
— Cougs (@Hails1987) May 13, 2014
West was quick to apologise for not hugging Minogue, but because her exchange with the coaches were not shown on camera, the viewers did not see if she had snubbed the blonde coach as well.
@amplified I didn't do it intentionally. I was totally star struck by Will! I love @kylieminogue...#mybad. Kristal. — ZK (@ZKfresh) May 12, 2014
Fielding said he was unaware that he skipped hugging Minogue, and was embarrassed when he saw the footage.
“I look back at the footage and it did really embarrass me, but I was just so excited to see Ricky Martin,” he was quoted by the Daily Mail as explaining.
He refused to say sorry to Minogue, though.
“I was graceful to all the judges – I’ve done nothing wrong to apologise for.”
He added, “I love Kylie, she’s so beautiful… seeing her in person, she is so small.”
But despite his love for the diminutive international singer, Fielding admitted that he isn’t familiar with Minogue’s music.
“I don’t know any of her songs, but my cousins love her.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks