Premier League News: Liverpool Striker and Palace Boss Named as England's Best
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Stoke City boss Tony Pulis were named Premier League's Player and Manager of the Season, respectively.
Luis Suarez wins the Premier League Player of the Season award
The Uruguayan hitman had a fantastic season with the Reds, topping the scoring chart with 31 goals, while turning provider 21 times.
Suarez almost helped the Merseysiders to the domestic title, but just fell short and ultimately clinched second place to book a spot in the Champions League after a few years of absence.
Meanwhile, the Welsh mentor, who was sacked from Stoke City during the offseason, clinched the coveted award after guiding a Crystal Palace side that seemed destined to return to the Championship after just getting promoted to a surprising mid-table finish.
"This club has a great opportunity of pushing forward," said Pulis.
"We finished sixth in the Championship last season and 11th in the Premier League this season. That's a 15 place jump."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install