Premier League News: Liverpool Striker and Palace Boss Named as England's Best
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Stoke City boss Tony Pulis were named Premier League's Player and Manager of the Season, respectively.
Luis Suarez wins the Premier League Player of the Season award
The Uruguayan hitman had a fantastic season with the Reds, topping the scoring chart with 31 goals, while turning provider 21 times.
Suarez almost helped the Merseysiders to the domestic title, but just fell short and ultimately clinched second place to book a spot in the Champions League after a few years of absence.
Meanwhile, the Welsh mentor, who was sacked from Stoke City during the offseason, clinched the coveted award after guiding a Crystal Palace side that seemed destined to return to the Championship after just getting promoted to a surprising mid-table finish.
"This club has a great opportunity of pushing forward," said Pulis.
"We finished sixth in the Championship last season and 11th in the Premier League this season. That's a 15 place jump."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM