Premier League News: Liverpool Striker and Palace Boss Named as England's Best
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Stoke City boss Tony Pulis were named Premier League's Player and Manager of the Season, respectively.
Luis Suarez wins the Premier League Player of the Season award
The Uruguayan hitman had a fantastic season with the Reds, topping the scoring chart with 31 goals, while turning provider 21 times.
Suarez almost helped the Merseysiders to the domestic title, but just fell short and ultimately clinched second place to book a spot in the Champions League after a few years of absence.
Meanwhile, the Welsh mentor, who was sacked from Stoke City during the offseason, clinched the coveted award after guiding a Crystal Palace side that seemed destined to return to the Championship after just getting promoted to a surprising mid-table finish.
"This club has a great opportunity of pushing forward," said Pulis.
"We finished sixth in the Championship last season and 11th in the Premier League this season. That's a 15 place jump."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People