Premier League News: Liverpool Striker and Palace Boss Named as England's Best
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Stoke City boss Tony Pulis were named Premier League's Player and Manager of the Season, respectively.
Luis Suarez wins the Premier League Player of the Season award
The Uruguayan hitman had a fantastic season with the Reds, topping the scoring chart with 31 goals, while turning provider 21 times.
Suarez almost helped the Merseysiders to the domestic title, but just fell short and ultimately clinched second place to book a spot in the Champions League after a few years of absence.
Meanwhile, the Welsh mentor, who was sacked from Stoke City during the offseason, clinched the coveted award after guiding a Crystal Palace side that seemed destined to return to the Championship after just getting promoted to a surprising mid-table finish.
"This club has a great opportunity of pushing forward," said Pulis.
"We finished sixth in the Championship last season and 11th in the Premier League this season. That's a 15 place jump."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen