Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Offer £20million for Southampton Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 8:17 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to have placed a £20million bid for Southampton playmaker Adam Lallana.
The Saints' skipper has had an outsanding showing in the top-flight this season, having been named as part of the Premier League Team of the Year together with teammate Luke Shaw.
Liverpool have been reported to have made a £20million for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana
He tallied 9 goals and 8 assists in 38 appearances, which comprised of 37 starts, helping the St. Mary's-based side to be a surprise top-four contender during the earlier stretch of the campaign.
To top it all, the 26-year-old was recently named in Roy Hodgson's England squad that will compete in the World Cup finals in Brazil.
Liverpool Echo suggests that Lallana will be sold because Southampton needs to settle debts involving previous transfers and funds lent from club owner Katharina Liebherr for the improvement of training facilities.
The former member of the Bournemouth Centre of Excellence is used on the left side of the middle of the park, but is versatile enough to play at the right, or as an attacking midfielder.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report