Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Offer £20million for Southampton Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 8:17 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to have placed a £20million bid for Southampton playmaker Adam Lallana.
The Saints' skipper has had an outsanding showing in the top-flight this season, having been named as part of the Premier League Team of the Year together with teammate Luke Shaw.
Liverpool have been reported to have made a £20million for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana
He tallied 9 goals and 8 assists in 38 appearances, which comprised of 37 starts, helping the St. Mary's-based side to be a surprise top-four contender during the earlier stretch of the campaign.
To top it all, the 26-year-old was recently named in Roy Hodgson's England squad that will compete in the World Cup finals in Brazil.
Liverpool Echo suggests that Lallana will be sold because Southampton needs to settle debts involving previous transfers and funds lent from club owner Katharina Liebherr for the improvement of training facilities.
The former member of the Bournemouth Centre of Excellence is used on the left side of the middle of the park, but is versatile enough to play at the right, or as an attacking midfielder.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy