Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Offer £20million for Southampton Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 13, 2014 8:17 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to have placed a £20million bid for Southampton playmaker Adam Lallana.
The Saints' skipper has had an outsanding showing in the top-flight this season, having been named as part of the Premier League Team of the Year together with teammate Luke Shaw.
Liverpool have been reported to have made a £20million for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana
He tallied 9 goals and 8 assists in 38 appearances, which comprised of 37 starts, helping the St. Mary's-based side to be a surprise top-four contender during the earlier stretch of the campaign.
To top it all, the 26-year-old was recently named in Roy Hodgson's England squad that will compete in the World Cup finals in Brazil.
Liverpool Echo suggests that Lallana will be sold because Southampton needs to settle debts involving previous transfers and funds lent from club owner Katharina Liebherr for the improvement of training facilities.
The former member of the Bournemouth Centre of Excellence is used on the left side of the middle of the park, but is versatile enough to play at the right, or as an attacking midfielder.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Mayweather To Add $32 Million To Wealth Regardless Of Result Of Maidana Rematch
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List