Justin Timberlake Tells Why He Quit '*NSYNC' and Decided to Go Solo [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | May 13, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Justin Timberlake has opened about his split from the famous boy band group "*NSYNC" and called it his "best/worst" decision in his latest interview with Oprah Winfrey's "Oprah's Master Class." The "Sexy Back" singer revealed that he had to take this "bittersweet" decision as he could foresee the change in the current music scenario and also saw himself changing too.
Winner Justin Timberlake poses backstage at the 2013 AMAs
Justin Timberlake Gets Five Nominations at MTV European Music Awards 2013, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber Get Four Each [PHOTOS]
"I would wake up every morning feeling this more and more of an urge to step out on my own and try my own hand as a musician just by myself," Timberlake said on Sunday night's season premiere of "Oprah's Master Class" on OWN, MTV.com reveals.
"It was happening all around me: 'Why wouldn't you ride this out? You're the biggest group in the world. Why would you walk away from this?,'" Timberlake, who is now 33, revealed, according to the Web site.
"*NSYNC" was the most popular boy band of the 90s when Justin Timberlake took the decision to go solo. The boys made their fans nostalgic when they got together for a small medley performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. The popularity of the group was just phenomenal as they had sold more than 50 million albums of their album "No Strings Attached."
So when Justin decided to quit it, everyone wanted to know the reason behind his exit. Now, almost a decade later and with four solo albums to his name, Timberlake has finally decided to let the cat out.
"It's one of the best/worst things that I have ever done. It was hard to say goodbye to that era, but I felt it changing. I felt music changing. And I felt myself changing," the "Suit &Tie" actor revealed.
But going solo and establishing his career all over again did not come easy to Timberlake. When his first single "Sexy Back" was released, his fans and critics refused to believe it was him singing in it as the music was quite different from what he produced earlier. It has rapper Timbaland and a series of distorted vocals too.
"People didn't even think it was me. They thought it was a joke. I had to call up a couple of radio programmers and say, 'No, seriously, this is my song,'" he says in the interview, according to Huffingtonpost.com.
To watch Justin Timberlake's complete interview on "Oprah's Master Class" tune in to OWN network on Sunday, May 25, at 10 p.m. ET. Meanwhile check out the video of the episode on YouTube below.
Source: Youtube.com/Evelien Reekmans
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff