Justin Timberlake Tells Why He Quit '*NSYNC' and Decided to Go Solo [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | May 13, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Justin Timberlake has opened about his split from the famous boy band group "*NSYNC" and called it his "best/worst" decision in his latest interview with Oprah Winfrey's "Oprah's Master Class." The "Sexy Back" singer revealed that he had to take this "bittersweet" decision as he could foresee the change in the current music scenario and also saw himself changing too.
Winner Justin Timberlake poses backstage at the 2013 AMAs
Justin Timberlake Gets Five Nominations at MTV European Music Awards 2013, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber Get Four Each [PHOTOS]
"I would wake up every morning feeling this more and more of an urge to step out on my own and try my own hand as a musician just by myself," Timberlake said on Sunday night's season premiere of "Oprah's Master Class" on OWN, MTV.com reveals.
"It was happening all around me: 'Why wouldn't you ride this out? You're the biggest group in the world. Why would you walk away from this?,'" Timberlake, who is now 33, revealed, according to the Web site.
"*NSYNC" was the most popular boy band of the 90s when Justin Timberlake took the decision to go solo. The boys made their fans nostalgic when they got together for a small medley performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. The popularity of the group was just phenomenal as they had sold more than 50 million albums of their album "No Strings Attached."
So when Justin decided to quit it, everyone wanted to know the reason behind his exit. Now, almost a decade later and with four solo albums to his name, Timberlake has finally decided to let the cat out.
"It's one of the best/worst things that I have ever done. It was hard to say goodbye to that era, but I felt it changing. I felt music changing. And I felt myself changing," the "Suit &Tie" actor revealed.
But going solo and establishing his career all over again did not come easy to Timberlake. When his first single "Sexy Back" was released, his fans and critics refused to believe it was him singing in it as the music was quite different from what he produced earlier. It has rapper Timbaland and a series of distorted vocals too.
"People didn't even think it was me. They thought it was a joke. I had to call up a couple of radio programmers and say, 'No, seriously, this is my song,'" he says in the interview, according to Huffingtonpost.com.
To watch Justin Timberlake's complete interview on "Oprah's Master Class" tune in to OWN network on Sunday, May 25, at 10 p.m. ET. Meanwhile check out the video of the episode on YouTube below.
Source: Youtube.com/Evelien Reekmans
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate