‘True Detective’ Season 2 Cast News and Spoilers Update: Brad Pitt Gives ‘Green Light’; Plot Details Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Even before "True Detective" Season 1 was wrapped up, media and fans were talking about Season 2. Fans are eagerly looking for answers to their questions related to the show's next series. They have been wondering who would star as "True Detective" and what kind of storyline will be followed. Speculations about the same issues are running rampant. According to the latest update, "The Normal Heart" actor Brad Pitt is at the top of the list of potential main cast of "True Detective" Season 2. The latest updates also suggest that the show's storyline may be different from the murder mystery shown in previous season. Keep reading to find out the details. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
According to the Daily Star UK, Hollywood actor Brad Pitt could be the star of "True Detective" Season 2. The report suggests that the actor is "close to signing a deal" to star as the main cast member.
Brad Pitt is reportedly "thrashing out last minute details of a deal" with HBO. "12 Years a Slave" actor has already given the "green light" to the new project.
"True Detective" Season 1 featured Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Together they played the role of main cast members Rust Cohle and Martin Hart. They portrayed the role of police officers who were investigating Dora Lange's murder case. The show earned great ratings and huge fan-following within the first few episodes after its premiere in Jan, 2014.
Earlier it was announced that Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson would not be returning for show's season 2.
According to the Web site, a senior TV source revealed that Brad Pitt is a "part of the HBO family and if commitments allow he will be part of the second season of True Detective."
The source also revealed that "quality of the scripts" of the show makes high profile actors want to star in the show.
The Web site notes that the creators are "in talks" about who will portray the role of Brad Pitt's collaborator in the new season. The report hints that the actor may work solo.
Meanwhile, rumours about show's storyline are also running wild. According to Breathecast, "True Detective" Season 2 may not feature a murder mystery. Instead, the story could be of a detective who is "chasing after an elusive criminal."
Earlier, in an interview with HitFix, show's creator Nic Pizzolato revealed that season 2 is about "bad men, hard women and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system." While not much is known about show's return date, it is expected to return in January 2015. However, the show is yet to be officially renewed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan