‘True Detective’ Season 2 Cast News and Spoilers Update: Brad Pitt Gives ‘Green Light’; Plot Details Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Even before "True Detective" Season 1 was wrapped up, media and fans were talking about Season 2. Fans are eagerly looking for answers to their questions related to the show's next series. They have been wondering who would star as "True Detective" and what kind of storyline will be followed. Speculations about the same issues are running rampant. According to the latest update, "The Normal Heart" actor Brad Pitt is at the top of the list of potential main cast of "True Detective" Season 2. The latest updates also suggest that the show's storyline may be different from the murder mystery shown in previous season. Keep reading to find out the details. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
According to the Daily Star UK, Hollywood actor Brad Pitt could be the star of "True Detective" Season 2. The report suggests that the actor is "close to signing a deal" to star as the main cast member.
Brad Pitt is reportedly "thrashing out last minute details of a deal" with HBO. "12 Years a Slave" actor has already given the "green light" to the new project.
"True Detective" Season 1 featured Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Together they played the role of main cast members Rust Cohle and Martin Hart. They portrayed the role of police officers who were investigating Dora Lange's murder case. The show earned great ratings and huge fan-following within the first few episodes after its premiere in Jan, 2014.
Earlier it was announced that Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson would not be returning for show's season 2.
According to the Web site, a senior TV source revealed that Brad Pitt is a "part of the HBO family and if commitments allow he will be part of the second season of True Detective."
The source also revealed that "quality of the scripts" of the show makes high profile actors want to star in the show.
The Web site notes that the creators are "in talks" about who will portray the role of Brad Pitt's collaborator in the new season. The report hints that the actor may work solo.
Meanwhile, rumours about show's storyline are also running wild. According to Breathecast, "True Detective" Season 2 may not feature a murder mystery. Instead, the story could be of a detective who is "chasing after an elusive criminal."
Earlier, in an interview with HitFix, show's creator Nic Pizzolato revealed that season 2 is about "bad men, hard women and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system." While not much is known about show's return date, it is expected to return in January 2015. However, the show is yet to be officially renewed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales