TFIOS Teaser: Amsterdam on Gus' and Hazel Grace's Instagram Updates [Watch 'Insta' Trailer]
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 13, 2014 6:01 PM EST
Excitement is brewing for the upcoming "The Fault in our Stars" (TFiOS) movie starring Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort. In a new Youtube video uploaded by the 20th Century Fox, a series of Instagram photos shot by TFiOS fictional characters Hazel and Gus in their Amsterdam trip is gaining popularity and adding up on the fans' anticipation of the film to reach cinemas in June.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The short Youtube video is composed of Instagram posts using the fictional accounts of Hazel Grace Lancaster (@hazelwearschucks) and Augustus Waters (@gusmayhem). It features the song "Let Me In" by Grouplove and showcasing the couples moments in Amsterdam in their quest to meet Peter Van Houten, the mysterious author of the novel "An Imperial Affliction" that played a big role in both characters story.
Interestingly, the photos on the mock accounts are real, giving the audiences a feel that both characters truly exist in real life. In one of Gus' photo post with a caption "love her," he is seen holding Hazel in his arms (See the Instagram Photo Here). Moreover, the Instagram accounts are also receiving plenty of following, with more than 30,000 as of this writing.
The "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFiOS) movie is based on the novel of John Green of the same title. It is a romantic comedy and drama film directed by Josh Boone starring Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, and Nat Wolff for the lead cast. The unconventional love story of Hazel and Gus who are both cancer patients is the main catch of the movie, and it is expected to be a hit upon release.
Shailene Woodley is the new darling of Hollywood and has been a talk of the town after the success of her recent dystopian film "Divergent" where she is paired with rumoured boyfriend Theo James. Ansel Elgort, on the other hand, plays her brother in the movie, making their tandem in TFiOS one of the most awaited as it stirred fans interest on whether they will share a great onscreen chemistry.
"The Fault in Our Stars" is scheduled to release in the U.S. theatres in June 6, 2014. The Australian viewers will be able to catch the film a day earlier on June 5.
"The Fault in Our Stars" Gus' and Hazel Grace's Amsterdam Trip [Watch Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air