Last Filmed Interview of Charlotte Dawson 'Predicted Her Death'
By Tanya Diente | May 13, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Charlotte Dawson had her last filmed interview before her reported suicide on Feb. 22.
According to News.au, the interview was conducted six weeks before her death and while the TV presenter was on vacation in Bali, Indonesia. Sunday Night conducted the filmed interview and it was aired over the weekend.
In an interview footage, Dawson shared her struggles with depression, fears for her future, and how her money problems were taking its toll, especially with her unemployment.
"I can't be fearful, that's my worst enemy. It's everybody's worst enemy: fear of the future, especially when you don't have one to look at," she shared.
While Dawson spoke of how she was focused on overcoming her struggles, her good friend Alex Perry said she was only putting on a front for the camera.
Perry knew Dawson so well and noticed the model was just "acting" when he saw the interview.
"She was fearful because when she was trying to put the positive spin on it and the bright eyes, talk of the future, the eyebrows going up - that was Charlotte performing," he said.
Dawson was reportedly $80,000 in debt, according to Theepoochtimes, and was also unemployed. She revealed how she was looking at the barrel of an unemployment gun and the bullet has gone off. She was also still dealing with her divorce from husband, Scott Miller.
The model also shared in the filmed interview that sometimes she finds it difficult to separate the Dawson in the spotlight from the real Dawson, the person who had a tumultuous decade.
"I have to love myself. I don't have a partner. I don't have my mother or father. I don't have any family in Australia. I don't have anything. I don't have that shoulder to cry on at night," Dawson said.
Viewers said the interview was already a plea for help from Dawson and no one heard her.
According to News.au, the model's last filmed interview, which was supposed to mark the beginning of a new life for her, sadly represented the end.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013