SIMS 4 Update: Game Gets Adults-Only R Rating--Find Out Why; Possible Release Date Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
The SIMS 4 is one of the most anticipated games that fans are eagerly waiting for. According to the latest update on Electronic Arts' (EA) game, the upcoming installment has been given adults-only R rating by Russia. Keep reading to find out why. Also, find out the expected release date of the much awaited fourth installment of The SIMS.
The reason why The SIMS 4 has come under fire is due to the inclusion of same-sex relationships. For allowing same sex marriage in the life simulation game, Russia has classified the game as 18+, according to Ars Technia.
The Web site notes that the news broke out after a Russian SIMS account posted a tweet announcing that the game is "prohibited for children."
The tweet read: "Established Russian rating # TheSims4 - 18 + (Prohibited for children)" [As translated by Google]
This was followed by a tweet that explained the action taken by the Russians. It notes that the game has been assigned adults-only rating "in accordance with the law number 436-FZ." [As translated by Google]
The message points out that such an action has been taken for the "protection of children from information harmful to their health and development."
EA's spokesperson released a statement addressing the issue. EA "have no plans to alter The SIMS 4. One of the key tenets of The Sims is that it is up to the player to decide how to play the game. We provide the simulation sandbox and player choice and creativity does the rest," reads the statement as reported by Yahoo UK & Ireland.
Meanwhile, speculations about The SIMS 4 release date are running rampant. According to KPopStarz, the game is expected to be released before 2014 ends. A post on SimsVIP.com suggests Sept. 30, 2014 as the SIMS 4's potential release date.
The Web site notes that the "week of 23rd (September) is the release week for Sims 4." There may not be any "solid info," about the release date but as of now they "have confirmation that The SIMS 4 will be released by September 30, 2014," says the post. However, the post further suggests that these dates can be changed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch