SIMS 4 Update: Game Gets Adults-Only R Rating--Find Out Why; Possible Release Date Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
The SIMS 4 is one of the most anticipated games that fans are eagerly waiting for. According to the latest update on Electronic Arts' (EA) game, the upcoming installment has been given adults-only R rating by Russia. Keep reading to find out why. Also, find out the expected release date of the much awaited fourth installment of The SIMS.
The reason why The SIMS 4 has come under fire is due to the inclusion of same-sex relationships. For allowing same sex marriage in the life simulation game, Russia has classified the game as 18+, according to Ars Technia.
The Web site notes that the news broke out after a Russian SIMS account posted a tweet announcing that the game is "prohibited for children."
The tweet read: "Established Russian rating # TheSims4 - 18 + (Prohibited for children)" [As translated by Google]
This was followed by a tweet that explained the action taken by the Russians. It notes that the game has been assigned adults-only rating "in accordance with the law number 436-FZ." [As translated by Google]
The message points out that such an action has been taken for the "protection of children from information harmful to their health and development."
EA's spokesperson released a statement addressing the issue. EA "have no plans to alter The SIMS 4. One of the key tenets of The Sims is that it is up to the player to decide how to play the game. We provide the simulation sandbox and player choice and creativity does the rest," reads the statement as reported by Yahoo UK & Ireland.
Meanwhile, speculations about The SIMS 4 release date are running rampant. According to KPopStarz, the game is expected to be released before 2014 ends. A post on SimsVIP.com suggests Sept. 30, 2014 as the SIMS 4's potential release date.
The Web site notes that the "week of 23rd (September) is the release week for Sims 4." There may not be any "solid info," about the release date but as of now they "have confirmation that The SIMS 4 will be released by September 30, 2014," says the post. However, the post further suggests that these dates can be changed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Destiny’ v. ‘Battlefield Hardline’: The Queen’s Wrath Set And Treasure Cave Spotted; Hotwire Multiplayer Shows High Speed
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?