SIMS 4 Update: Game Gets Adults-Only R Rating--Find Out Why; Possible Release Date Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
The SIMS 4 is one of the most anticipated games that fans are eagerly waiting for. According to the latest update on Electronic Arts' (EA) game, the upcoming installment has been given adults-only R rating by Russia. Keep reading to find out why. Also, find out the expected release date of the much awaited fourth installment of The SIMS.
The reason why The SIMS 4 has come under fire is due to the inclusion of same-sex relationships. For allowing same sex marriage in the life simulation game, Russia has classified the game as 18+, according to Ars Technia.
The Web site notes that the news broke out after a Russian SIMS account posted a tweet announcing that the game is "prohibited for children."
The tweet read: "Established Russian rating # TheSims4 - 18 + (Prohibited for children)" [As translated by Google]
This was followed by a tweet that explained the action taken by the Russians. It notes that the game has been assigned adults-only rating "in accordance with the law number 436-FZ." [As translated by Google]
The message points out that such an action has been taken for the "protection of children from information harmful to their health and development."
EA's spokesperson released a statement addressing the issue. EA "have no plans to alter The SIMS 4. One of the key tenets of The Sims is that it is up to the player to decide how to play the game. We provide the simulation sandbox and player choice and creativity does the rest," reads the statement as reported by Yahoo UK & Ireland.
Meanwhile, speculations about The SIMS 4 release date are running rampant. According to KPopStarz, the game is expected to be released before 2014 ends. A post on SimsVIP.com suggests Sept. 30, 2014 as the SIMS 4's potential release date.
The Web site notes that the "week of 23rd (September) is the release week for Sims 4." There may not be any "solid info," about the release date but as of now they "have confirmation that The SIMS 4 will be released by September 30, 2014," says the post. However, the post further suggests that these dates can be changed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate