SIMS 4 Update: Game Gets Adults-Only R Rating--Find Out Why; Possible Release Date Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
The SIMS 4 is one of the most anticipated games that fans are eagerly waiting for. According to the latest update on Electronic Arts' (EA) game, the upcoming installment has been given adults-only R rating by Russia. Keep reading to find out why. Also, find out the expected release date of the much awaited fourth installment of The SIMS.
The reason why The SIMS 4 has come under fire is due to the inclusion of same-sex relationships. For allowing same sex marriage in the life simulation game, Russia has classified the game as 18+, according to Ars Technia.
The Web site notes that the news broke out after a Russian SIMS account posted a tweet announcing that the game is "prohibited for children."
The tweet read: "Established Russian rating # TheSims4 - 18 + (Prohibited for children)" [As translated by Google]
This was followed by a tweet that explained the action taken by the Russians. It notes that the game has been assigned adults-only rating "in accordance with the law number 436-FZ." [As translated by Google]
The message points out that such an action has been taken for the "protection of children from information harmful to their health and development."
EA's spokesperson released a statement addressing the issue. EA "have no plans to alter The SIMS 4. One of the key tenets of The Sims is that it is up to the player to decide how to play the game. We provide the simulation sandbox and player choice and creativity does the rest," reads the statement as reported by Yahoo UK & Ireland.
Meanwhile, speculations about The SIMS 4 release date are running rampant. According to KPopStarz, the game is expected to be released before 2014 ends. A post on SimsVIP.com suggests Sept. 30, 2014 as the SIMS 4's potential release date.
The Web site notes that the "week of 23rd (September) is the release week for Sims 4." There may not be any "solid info," about the release date but as of now they "have confirmation that The SIMS 4 will be released by September 30, 2014," says the post. However, the post further suggests that these dates can be changed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation