Jay Z Attack Made Fun Of in Twitter: 'Jay Z Officially Has 100 Problems'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 13, 2014 4:24 PM EST
The expose from TMZ showing Solange Knowles attacking her sister's husband Jay Z inside a hotel elevator after the 2014 MET Gala while Beyonce was watching has become an Internet sensation and people have aired their opinions and jokes on the matter. A number of Twitter statuses with the theme "Jay Z officially has 100 problems" has taken over the social media platform, according to The Concourse.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Although the incident was no laughing matter, people gravitated to the issue and have even made up several memes on the expense of Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange. The cause of the outbursts from Solange still remains a mystery since both sides have not given their response to the issue but there are already various speculations on the rift between the her and the hip hop star.
There are several memes that are circulating either dissing Solange for hitting, Jay Z on being hit or Beyonce for just watching the whole thing. Several of those jokes were even compiled by E! Online.
People are out speculating because even though there was a video footage of the attack, there was no audio and nobody but the three celebrities and the bodyguard knows what transpired on that elevator ride. Some of the memes include Kerry Washington in "Scandal," Keanu Reeves in "The Matrix," courtside pictures of Beyonce and Jay Z talking to Jake Gyllenhaal.
Another parody was the poster for the "On The Run" tour of Jay Z and Beyonce which is scheduled to kick off in June. It seems that this incident has taken the interest of the public as there is a sense of mystery, especially since there was no news of the trio harbouring bad blood between them prior to the attack caught on video.
Although the video was released by TMZ yesterday, May 12 but the couple were seen to be fine and back to their usual selves as they watch the game courtside and even chatting with LeBron James, reports from TMZ. Jay Z was not even fighting back as Solange repeatedly kicked, punched and even threw her purse at him.
Our favorite memes from #ElevatorGate: http://t.co/2R8I2DXkRZ pic.twitter.com/LdfSYj0kuL — E! News (@ENews) May 13, 2014
— Colleen O'Neill (@TheWriteColleen) May 13, 2014
On The Run ... from Solange pic.twitter.com/HkKM98genc — BellaNaija.com (@bellanaija) May 12, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On