Nokia Lumia 630: Microsoft Announces Launch of Windows Phone Handset in Australia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Microsoft has announced that the low-end Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1 handset will be launched in Australia. The latest device will be getting a bargain price as well during its Aussie launch this May.
Steve Lewis, the managing director of Microsoft Mobile Devices Australia and New Zealand, declared in a released statement that the Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone was designed to provide the people with the "best of Lumia and Windows Phone with no compromise."
Mr Lewis' statement in the Smart Company report reads: "Whether you're using a smartphone, tablet, Xbox, PC or laptop, the Windows 8.1 update now provides the same great experience, personalised for you. Given the key role the smartphone now plays in all of our everyday lives, the fact we are now bringing this into all our devices - from affordable to high-end - is great news for consumers."
The pricing details for the Nokia Lumia 630 in the Gizmodo report reveal that the Windows Phone handset is set to be locally available with the outright price of $249 through retailers Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, Dick Smith and Officeworks when it launches on Tuesday, May 27.
In the WMPoweruser report, the Nokia Lumia 630 will be also available through Vodafone, online and in store, starting June 4, 2014. The Windows Phone handset price is set at AU$179 on a prepaid account.
The Nokia Lumia 630, which was officially unveiled at the 2014 Microsoft Build Conference last April, is one of the first devices to have the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. The latest smartphone sports a 4.5-inch IPS ClearBlack LCD capacitive touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot available and free 7GB of CloudDrive storage.
Additional features and specs include the 5MP primary camera, Adreno 305 GPU, 1830mAh Li-Ion battery with talk time up to 16 hours on 2G while 13 hours on 3G and music play up to 58 hours, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0 and available colour options of bright yellow, bright green, bright orange, white and black .
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet