Nokia Lumia 630: Microsoft Announces Launch of Windows Phone Handset in Australia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Microsoft has announced that the low-end Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1 handset will be launched in Australia. The latest device will be getting a bargain price as well during its Aussie launch this May.
Steve Lewis, the managing director of Microsoft Mobile Devices Australia and New Zealand, declared in a released statement that the Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone was designed to provide the people with the "best of Lumia and Windows Phone with no compromise."
Mr Lewis' statement in the Smart Company report reads: "Whether you're using a smartphone, tablet, Xbox, PC or laptop, the Windows 8.1 update now provides the same great experience, personalised for you. Given the key role the smartphone now plays in all of our everyday lives, the fact we are now bringing this into all our devices - from affordable to high-end - is great news for consumers."
The pricing details for the Nokia Lumia 630 in the Gizmodo report reveal that the Windows Phone handset is set to be locally available with the outright price of $249 through retailers Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, Dick Smith and Officeworks when it launches on Tuesday, May 27.
In the WMPoweruser report, the Nokia Lumia 630 will be also available through Vodafone, online and in store, starting June 4, 2014. The Windows Phone handset price is set at AU$179 on a prepaid account.
The Nokia Lumia 630, which was officially unveiled at the 2014 Microsoft Build Conference last April, is one of the first devices to have the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. The latest smartphone sports a 4.5-inch IPS ClearBlack LCD capacitive touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot available and free 7GB of CloudDrive storage.
Additional features and specs include the 5MP primary camera, Adreno 305 GPU, 1830mAh Li-Ion battery with talk time up to 16 hours on 2G while 13 hours on 3G and music play up to 58 hours, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0 and available colour options of bright yellow, bright green, bright orange, white and black .
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal