Nokia Lumia 630: Microsoft Announces Launch of Windows Phone Handset in Australia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Microsoft has announced that the low-end Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1 handset will be launched in Australia. The latest device will be getting a bargain price as well during its Aussie launch this May.
Steve Lewis, the managing director of Microsoft Mobile Devices Australia and New Zealand, declared in a released statement that the Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone was designed to provide the people with the "best of Lumia and Windows Phone with no compromise."
Mr Lewis' statement in the Smart Company report reads: "Whether you're using a smartphone, tablet, Xbox, PC or laptop, the Windows 8.1 update now provides the same great experience, personalised for you. Given the key role the smartphone now plays in all of our everyday lives, the fact we are now bringing this into all our devices - from affordable to high-end - is great news for consumers."
The pricing details for the Nokia Lumia 630 in the Gizmodo report reveal that the Windows Phone handset is set to be locally available with the outright price of $249 through retailers Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, Dick Smith and Officeworks when it launches on Tuesday, May 27.
In the WMPoweruser report, the Nokia Lumia 630 will be also available through Vodafone, online and in store, starting June 4, 2014. The Windows Phone handset price is set at AU$179 on a prepaid account.
The Nokia Lumia 630, which was officially unveiled at the 2014 Microsoft Build Conference last April, is one of the first devices to have the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. The latest smartphone sports a 4.5-inch IPS ClearBlack LCD capacitive touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot available and free 7GB of CloudDrive storage.
Additional features and specs include the 5MP primary camera, Adreno 305 GPU, 1830mAh Li-Ion battery with talk time up to 16 hours on 2G while 13 hours on 3G and music play up to 58 hours, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0 and available colour options of bright yellow, bright green, bright orange, white and black .
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar