Beyonce's Little Sister Solange Knowles Physically Attacks Jay Z: Ten Interesting Facts about Solange Knowles [SEE PHOTOS]
May 13, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Beyonce's Little Sister Solange Knowles Physically Attacks Jay Z: Ten Interesting Facts About Solange Knowles [SEE PHOTOS]
Media is abuzz with the news of Beyonce's little sister Solange Knowles physically attacking Beyonce's husband Jay Z in the hotel lift after the MET Gala 2014 in Manhattan. TMZ.com also has the exclusive video of the footage where Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange are seen taking the hotel lift together and then suddenly Solange attacks Jay Z with full force using legs, hands and even her mouth.
Luckily, there was a bodyguard in the lift who could control the situation. It is still not known why the fight transpired and why Beyonce did nothing to stop her sister from acting like that. However, here are some facts about Beyonce's lesser known sister Solange. Check it out below.
1. Just like her sister Beyonce, Solange is also a musician, singer and songwriter and has two albums to her career along with a couple of musical tours.
2. Solange studied dance and theater as a child and made her debut as a child singer at the age of five! Her first act was at an amusement park.
3. She was a child prodigy and started writing songs at the age of 9 and wanted to record at the young age of 13. However, her parents advised her to wait for a couple more years.
4. At age 15, Solange got a chance to perform for her sister's group "Destiny's Child" when one the singers Kelly Rowland got injured backstage.
5. Solange also has experience in voice dubbing. In 2002, her voice was used for the character Chanel. The character is the main man in the episode "Behind Family Lines."
6. Beyoncé surprisingly showed up while Solange performed her song "Losing You" at the recent Coachella Music festival and the two sisters danced onstage.
7. Apart from music, Solange Knowles has also been promoting Baby Jamz, a hip hop-styled toy line for pre-school kids. The collection is named after his son Julez who is reportedly fond of hip hop music.
8. Her modeling stint involves being a brand ambassador for Rimmel London cosmetics in 2011.
9. Solange and Beyoncé are also seen together as the face for their family's clothing line "House of Deréon," which is named after their grandmother Agnéz Deréon.
10. Solange became a mom when she was just a teenager and married just before that. She got married at 17 to her then boyfriend Daniel Smith who was 19 then. The two are now divorced but co-parent the child together.
Meanwhile check out some of Solange's pictures in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination