LG G3: New Leak Indicates Black and White Plastic Back-Panels; Specifications, Images and Launch Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 13, 2014 2:52 PM EST
The G3, from LG Electronics is easily one of the most awaited Android devices of 2014. The South Korean company is set to launch its flagship handset with impressive features and specifications. There have been quite a few leaks pertaining to G3 in the past few months. In addition, there is a new leak that gives out information on the back panel design and colour in the upcoming LG G3.
What is New?
The recently leaked images published by Phone Arena showcases two back panels of the handset; a white rear panel and a black one. It is worth noting that, the rear casing of LG G3 will be made of plastic, with a brushed effect. This new effect will give the smartphone a metallic look like HTC's latest One M8 handset.
Interested readers can check out the leaked images from Phone Arena by clicking here.
The LG G3 will be unveiled on May 27, 2014 in a special media event which is expected to be organized in several cities. The timing of the launch could not be any better owing to the fact that the Samsung Galaxy S5, the HTC One M8 and the Sony Xperia Z2 have already been launched and Apple's iPhone 6 is only scheduled for fall 2014.
Specifications (Quick View)
Here is a set of specifications pertaining to LG's flagship device G3:
- 5.5 inches display
- 1,440 x 2,560 pixels resolution
- Quad-core processor (Snapdragon 800 chipset) clocked at 2.3 GHz
- 2 GB of RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat (with LG's Optimus UI)
- 13 MP rear-facing camera and 2 MP front-facing camera
- 32 GB of internal storage
- microSD card support
- 3000 mAh battery (with user replaceable battery unit)
- Water resistant exterior
- The handset comes in 3 shades: black, white and gold
- Water proof exterior
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery