'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa Sees Himself as Lobo than Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film [WATCH VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 2:09 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa attended a convention in Bucharest, Romania and responded to the "Man of Steel 2" casting reports where he landed the role of Aquaman. The 34-year-old actor thinks he could see himself portraying a character like Lobo in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman film rather than the blonde-haired Aquaman.
"I don't even know where that comes from, it's like being... uh... Robin or something. Who pulls that out? I see that on the Internet and I'm like, 'Aquaman? A guy like... Lobo I could see'," Jason Momoa stated at the convention. According to the HNGN report, sites such as TheWrap and Batman News have reported about Jason Momoa's role in the "Man of Steel 2" movie.
TheWrap report last April claimed that the production team had their eyes set on the actor that will portray the role of Aquaman. The report noted that actor Matt Damon is considered to be Aquaman in the Batman vs. Superman film but Jason Momoa is considered as well to appear in the film with some unknown capacity.
As for the Batman News report, the "Game of Thrones" star already signed up for a role in the still unnamed movie sequel. However, the said role for Jason Momoa was "being kept under wraps." An anonymous source revealed to Chris Begley of Batman News that the actor signed the dotted line months ago.
However, Chris Begley noted that there is still no confirmation yet on the character that Jason Momoa will portray in the film even though the actor has been linked to the Aquaman role in the previous reports. Chris Begley further noted in the Batman News report that the casting information from the source is accurate.
In the Design & Trend report, one speculation on the other character that Jason Momoa could portray is Doomsday. The villain is known for killing Superman in the comics and the reports about the character's inclusion in the movie sequel came from a sighting in the extra features of the "Man of Steel 2" Blue-ray.
Another speculated character for actor Jason Momoa to portray is the super-powered alien Martian Manhunter stuck on planet Earth. "Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016 starring Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
Credit: YouTube/Angela Georgiana Alexandru
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa To Portray Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Ray Fisher Joins Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film as Cyborg - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cast Member Diane Lane Reveals Camera Tests for Batman vs. Superman Film Kicked Off in Detroit - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks