How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 With Battery Optimised Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUEND6 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware XXUEND6 is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 phablet. In case you haven't received the update, here is the tutorial on how to download and install it manually according to Team Android.
Before initialising any installation on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements below.
1. Use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 model only or the device will brick.
2. This firmware is designed for unlocked SM-N9005 from any network carrier.
3. Create a manual backup of all data files and settings stored on your phablet.
4. The battery life must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the installation.
5. Download and install all the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 on your computer.
6. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note 3.
7. Download the Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND6 firmware on your computer.
8. Download the ODIN flash tool as well.
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages or errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE phablet. Manual installation of either official or unofficial firmware may cause errors if done improperly. Any root access will also be removed after the firmware has been installed. Do this at your own risk.
1. Extract the zip file from the downloaded file of Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND6 firmware.
2. Extract the ODIN flash tool from its folder file, if any.
3. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 phablet.
4. Reboot into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume down, Home and Power keys at the same time till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen.
5. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
6. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE to your computer using a USB cable.
7. Once connected, the ID:COM on ODIN will turn yellow or blue. If not, install the necessary USB drivers on your computer.
8. Inside ODIN, select the appropriate file types for installation on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
a. Click on "AP/PDA" then select the file from the firmware with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click on "CP/Phone" then select the file from the firmware with "MODEM" in its name. If there is no such file, simply ignore this step.
c. Click on "CSC" then select the file from the firmware with "CSC" in its name. Ignore as well if there is no such file.
d. Click on "PIT" then select the file with ".pit" extension from the firmware. You can also ignore this if there is no such file.
9. After the file selection, CHECK the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" options on the ODIN flash tool. You can ONLY check the "Re-Partition" if there is a ".pit" file existing, otherwise, it should be UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the Start button on the ODIN flash tool and let it finish the installation. It may take three to five minutes to complete.
11. Once the installation has been completed, your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE will reboot automatically. You may remove it from the USB connection after it reaches the home screen.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 is now updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat running the N9005XXUEND6 firmware.
For any bugs or comments, send your feedback to Team Android official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features