How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 With Battery Optimised Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUEND6 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware XXUEND6 is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 phablet. In case you haven't received the update, here is the tutorial on how to download and install it manually according to Team Android.
Before initialising any installation on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements below.
1. Use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 model only or the device will brick.
2. This firmware is designed for unlocked SM-N9005 from any network carrier.
3. Create a manual backup of all data files and settings stored on your phablet.
4. The battery life must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the installation.
5. Download and install all the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 on your computer.
6. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note 3.
7. Download the Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND6 firmware on your computer.
8. Download the ODIN flash tool as well.
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages or errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE phablet. Manual installation of either official or unofficial firmware may cause errors if done improperly. Any root access will also be removed after the firmware has been installed. Do this at your own risk.
1. Extract the zip file from the downloaded file of Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND6 firmware.
2. Extract the ODIN flash tool from its folder file, if any.
3. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 phablet.
4. Reboot into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume down, Home and Power keys at the same time till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen.
5. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
6. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE to your computer using a USB cable.
7. Once connected, the ID:COM on ODIN will turn yellow or blue. If not, install the necessary USB drivers on your computer.
8. Inside ODIN, select the appropriate file types for installation on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
a. Click on "AP/PDA" then select the file from the firmware with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click on "CP/Phone" then select the file from the firmware with "MODEM" in its name. If there is no such file, simply ignore this step.
c. Click on "CSC" then select the file from the firmware with "CSC" in its name. Ignore as well if there is no such file.
d. Click on "PIT" then select the file with ".pit" extension from the firmware. You can also ignore this if there is no such file.
9. After the file selection, CHECK the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" options on the ODIN flash tool. You can ONLY check the "Re-Partition" if there is a ".pit" file existing, otherwise, it should be UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the Start button on the ODIN flash tool and let it finish the installation. It may take three to five minutes to complete.
11. Once the installation has been completed, your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE will reboot automatically. You may remove it from the USB connection after it reaches the home screen.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 is now updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat running the N9005XXUEND6 firmware.
For any bugs or comments, send your feedback to Team Android official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers