Michael Schumacher Will Not be Michael Schumacher Anymore, Says New Report
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 13, 2014 1:35 PM EST
One reason why Michael Schumacher's family decided to limit the updates about the current condition of the seven-time world racing champion is to play down all the speculations about his health. All the theories and assumptions by people have angered not only the Schumacher's family but his manager as well. However, another so-called expert commentary about Schumacher's condition has been reported. A British expert shared his insights on the racing champion's current condition.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
A professor at Cambridge University, Peter Hutchinson, said that Schumacher may never return in his old self again, The Daily Record reported. "It is not as if someone will switch on the light and the patient is all there," Hutchinson said. "He will probably come back to a world he doesn't know," he added.
The British news site also cited an excerpt from a news article featured in Germany's Focus magazine which somehow backed the statement of the British professor. The report said Schumacher may have cheated death, even when it was very likely to happen, to prolong his life, but his life battle isn't through yet. "Michael Schumacher seems to have won his fight against death, but he still has to fight his life ahead of him."
If time comes that Schumacher completely awakens from coma, the racing legend will face a world that he is no longer "accustomed" to facing, the German news site further wrote.
"Michael Schumacher will not be Michael Schumacher anymore."
Schumacher will have to learn how to speak, walk, eat, and even shower again. He has to learn how to live independently again. "He must find way to cope with the new conditions, new needs to learn basic skills."
Despite the long period of time that Schumacher has stayed in a coma, his family are reportedly still optimistic that he will win the fight. Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm said, on behalf of the family, that they are confident that he will wake up and make it through.
Kehm is anticipated to make new statements when there are significant changes on Schumacher's condition.
Well-Known Personalities Who Had Awoken From Coma
There are well-known personalities who had battled life and been in a coma, but successfully regained consciousness, Listverse.com reported. Burt Reynolds, Martin Lawrence, Stevie Wonder, Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon Stone. They proved that people can still live a normal life after waking up from coma.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2