MET Gala 2014: Rachel Roy Suffered Brunt of Solange Knowles' Anger First Before Beyonce's Sister Shouted at Jay-Z in the Elevator
By Annie Dee | May 13, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Solange Knowles' elevator attack on brother-in-law Jay-Z is reportedly not her first altercation on that fateful night of the MET Gala last Monday, May 5. The current video of her shouting at Beyonce's husband, Jay-Z does not paint a complete picture. According to the US magazine, before Solange went crazy on Jay-Z, wherein the whole spectacle was captured by the elevator camera, she had also yelled at designer Rachel Roy earlier at the after party held at the Boom Boom Room in the Standard Hotel.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
According to the US magazine, during the disagreement, Beyonce tried to intervene even though what the conflict was all about still remains a mystery. According to the report, Solange was riled up that night and yelling at a score of people, which includes Rachel Roy.
This comes off as remarkable because Solange and Roy seems to be good friends. Back in 2012, Solange accompanied Roy to the MET Gala of that year. Rachel Roy also designed Solange's red carpet gown at the MET Gala 2012, a gorgeous canary-yellow dress with peplum detailing. Roy's ex husband was also close to Jay-Z once, before a fallout happened. As such, Roy can be considered close to the Knowles' family and she being the brunt of Solange's anger or surprisingly violent behavior is quite puzzling.
In addition, before any fight occurred, Solange gave no indication that she was feeling bad over something. She and Beyonce were having a lot of fun at the downtown NYC hotspot. US magazine reported that the Knowles sisters hit the dance floor with friend and supermodel Naomi Campbell, while Jay-Z just stayed at the fireplace area.
US magazine claimed that Solange, Beyonce and Jay-Z left abruptly, but did not claim there was any drama causing their weird departure. When they reached the elevator though, the controversial attack happened and was caught on the camera. Solange was seen shouting and making wild gestures at Jay-Z, while Beyonce just looked on. Beyonce only tried to intervene when the attack was seemingly about to escalate.
"Solange flipped out over something Jay had said, that she took the wrong way. She took it too hard or too far. Not sure what it was, but she greatly overreacted," reports US magazine.
Up until now, Jay, Solange, and Roy still have not commented on the issue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change