‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) Semifinals Recap, Spoilers: Top 5 Perform in Week 4 of Live Shows, Christina Grimmie, Josh Kaufman and More
By jaskiran kaur | May 13, 2014 12:38 PM EST
On Monday night, "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) entered its Week 4 of Live Shows that will host the semifinals round of the show. Top 5 contestants faced new challenges and delivered scintillating performances to impress voters who would help them move forward to the finals. The show is only one week away from its finale and crowning its winner. Who will go home this week and who will move on to the finals will be revealed on Tuesday night's elimination episode. But before that, let's take a look at the recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Semifinals- Week 4 Live Shows Performance Episode. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Semifinals- Week 4 Live Shows Performance Episode. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Live Shows
Last week, three out of eight remaining contestants were eliminated and top 5 were revealed. These top 5 are the semifinalists who are competing against each other to figure in top 3 in the final rounds taking place next week. At the moment, Coach Shakira, Coach Blake and Coach Usher have only one contestant each in their team and Coach Adam is still going strong with two contestants in his team.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Semifinal Round-Week 4 Live Shows Performance Episode saw performances by top 5 as well as some special performances. Here is what happened on the episode that aired on May 12, 2014.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Semifinal Round-Week 4 Live Shows Performance Episode (Spoilers, Recap)
Top 5 singers who performed on the first night of semifinals round were: Kristen Merlin, Josh Kaufman, Kat Perkins, Jake Worthington and Christina Grimmie. Each artist performed two songs, one that was chosen by their coaches and the other one that talks about artists' hometown.
The show kicked off with the most awaited performance of the night. Grammy winning singer and "The Voice" coach Usher performed for the first time ever on "The Voice's" stage. He gave his debut performance with his latest single "Good Kisser."
A special guest graced the night. Mark Wahlberg appeared on the show to promote his latest film "Transformers."
The first semifinalist to perform on the show was Kristen Merlin from Team Shakira. She sang Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder and Lead." She dedicated this song to her hometown Hanson in Massachusetts.
Kristen was followed by Team Usher's Josh Kaufman. He sang "All of Me" by John Legend. Josh dedicated this song to his hometown, Indianapolis in Indiana.
Next was Kat Perkins from Team Adam. She sang the song that her coach selected for her. She sang "Chandelier" by Sia. She was followed by Jake Worthington from Team Blake. He sang the song dedicating to his hometown in Texas. He sang "Good Ol' Boys" by Waylon Jennings.
Christina Grimmie from Team Adam took over the stage and sang the song that her coach picked for her. She sang "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap.
Next was Josh Kaufman from Team Usher. He took over the stage to give his second performance of the night. He sang the song Usher chose for him. He sang the cover of "Love Runs Out" by One Republic.
Next performance was given by Kat Perkins who sang the song of her choice. She sang "Let It Go" by Demi Lovato. She was followed by Kristen Merlin. Kristen sang the song that was chosen by her coach Shakira. She performed "Foolish Games" by Jewel.
Christina Grimmie took the stage for her second performance of the night. This was the song of her choice. She performed "Some Nights" by band called Fun.
The last top 5 contestant to perform was Jake Worthington. He sang "Heaven" by Bryan Adam.
The voting windows are now open and the viewers can vote for their favorite artist. "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Semifinals-Week 4 Live Shows Performance Episode will be followed by results or elimination episode on May 13, 2014. Fans can look forward to meet top 3 or the finalists on Tuesday night's show. These top 3 will compete next week in the finale to win the most coveted trophy.
For more spoilers and recap "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares