'Battlefield 4' News: Dragon’s Teeth Maps and Assignments Leaked, EA’s 50 Title Shutdown Includes 'Battlefield 2'
By Gel Galang | May 13, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Even before "Battlefield 4's" Dragon's Teeth DLC has made it to the release, a number of videos and leaks have already started popping up to feature the additional weapons and items that the newest DLC will bring the game.
One of the videos, as seen below, was found by GameSpot. It features the ballistic shield that has already been confirmed to come with the DLC as well as a remote control robot.
The names of the map have also not been spared, as they were already leaked: Marketplace, Urban Garden, Waterfront and Propaganda.
Softpedia has also spotted leaks on the assignments for the "Dragon's Teeth DLC" as listed completely in the link. However, as a sample, the assignments include killing 10 enemies while under Suppression, spending 10 hours on Dragon's Teeth maps, breaking 30 links in Chainlink and obtaining 100 kills on Dragon's Teeth maps.
It would be interesting how DICE will deal with this many leaks far ahead of even the teaser of the new DLC.
DICE has promised new DLC footage will be seen this week, though as of writing, there are no videos via its official YouTube channel yet.
EA's Shutdown of Servers Affects 'Battlefield' Titles
There's quite the long list of games that will be stopping their online services, as Electronic Arts shuts down the servers for 50 of their games tied to online play and part of the GameSpy platform, reports Hardcore Gamer.
"The decisions to retire older EA games are never easy. The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired," said EA in the official announcement on the Web site as quoted by MP1st.
"But as games get replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the older games dwindles to a level—typically fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles—where it's no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these games up and running," the developer added.
Part of the list of games that will be shut down includes "Battlefield 2," "Battlefield 1942," "Battlefield 2142," "Battlefield Vietnam" and "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat." There are also a number of more popular games that will be part of the shutdown, including "Crysis 2," a number of "Need for Speed" games, "Command & Conquer" and "Star Wars: Battlefront" I and II.
Hardcore Gamer also reports EA is trying its best to find some way to continue the services for "Battlefield" games that will be hit by the server shutdowns, with another option being community-supported options to at least enable some form of an online functionality. But for now, the company has not yet put down any solid plans of continuation.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best