Lea Michele Remembers Cory Monteith on His Birthday; Shares Heartbreaking Tweet
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 13, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Late "Glee" actor Cory Monteith would have turned 32 on May 11. Remembering their memories when he was alive, Lea Michele send her greeting to the late actor via a Twitter post.
Actress Lea Michele arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
"The biggest heart and most beautiful smile.. In all of our hearts.. We love you so. Happy Birthday," said Michele in a tweet that comes along with a black and white picture of the couple laughing together.
Cory Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room back in n July 2013 due to alcohol and heroin overdose. Since the tragedy, Michele had a difficulty dealing with the loss of her beau, but continues to regain her strength to pursue her craft. Recently, the singer released her debut album "Louder" where there are a few songs dedicated to Monteith, particularly, the single "Your Mine," that she reveals her favourite as she wrote it with her late boyfriend in mind.
Lea Michele and Cory Monteith shared a great relationship according to the singer. In an interview with Glamour UK magazine where the "Glee" star graced the April cover, she shared that as couple they both have planned for their future. They talked about having children and growing old together.
It had been 10 months since Monteith's passing, and the Twitter post proves Michele continues to treasure her late boyfriend in her heart. She relies on their memory to make her dream reality. "I somehow feel the insane love Cory and I had for each other morphed into this strength that I have right now," she shares in an interview with Teen Vogue.
When asked about dating anew, Michele told the magazine that she is not ready yet and is focusing on taking care of herself. She added that she feels closer to her late boyfriend more than ever, and she believes that he watches over her.
"I only have happy memories of Cory. He was not his addiction-unfortunately, it won, but that wasn't who he was. Cory made me feel like a queen every day. From the minute he said, 'I'm your boyfriend,' I loved every day, and I thank him for being the best boyfriend and making me feel so beautiful." Lea Michele admits on the Seventeen Magazine interview where she is also starred for the cover of the April 2014 issue.
Lea Michele is receiving plenty of support from her fans in the social networking site Twitter following her heartbreaking post. As of this writing, the tweet already has more than a hundred thousand favourites and retweets.
The biggest heart and most beautiful smile.. In all of our hearts.. We love you so. Happy Birthday. pic.twitter.com/XzGVu0g5nY
— Lea Michele (@msleamichele) May 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage