Lea Michele Remembers Cory Monteith on His Birthday; Shares Heartbreaking Tweet
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 13, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Late "Glee" actor Cory Monteith would have turned 32 on May 11. Remembering their memories when he was alive, Lea Michele send her greeting to the late actor via a Twitter post.
Actress Lea Michele arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
"The biggest heart and most beautiful smile.. In all of our hearts.. We love you so. Happy Birthday," said Michele in a tweet that comes along with a black and white picture of the couple laughing together.
Cory Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room back in n July 2013 due to alcohol and heroin overdose. Since the tragedy, Michele had a difficulty dealing with the loss of her beau, but continues to regain her strength to pursue her craft. Recently, the singer released her debut album "Louder" where there are a few songs dedicated to Monteith, particularly, the single "Your Mine," that she reveals her favourite as she wrote it with her late boyfriend in mind.
Lea Michele and Cory Monteith shared a great relationship according to the singer. In an interview with Glamour UK magazine where the "Glee" star graced the April cover, she shared that as couple they both have planned for their future. They talked about having children and growing old together.
It had been 10 months since Monteith's passing, and the Twitter post proves Michele continues to treasure her late boyfriend in her heart. She relies on their memory to make her dream reality. "I somehow feel the insane love Cory and I had for each other morphed into this strength that I have right now," she shares in an interview with Teen Vogue.
When asked about dating anew, Michele told the magazine that she is not ready yet and is focusing on taking care of herself. She added that she feels closer to her late boyfriend more than ever, and she believes that he watches over her.
"I only have happy memories of Cory. He was not his addiction-unfortunately, it won, but that wasn't who he was. Cory made me feel like a queen every day. From the minute he said, 'I'm your boyfriend,' I loved every day, and I thank him for being the best boyfriend and making me feel so beautiful." Lea Michele admits on the Seventeen Magazine interview where she is also starred for the cover of the April 2014 issue.
Lea Michele is receiving plenty of support from her fans in the social networking site Twitter following her heartbreaking post. As of this writing, the tweet already has more than a hundred thousand favourites and retweets.
The biggest heart and most beautiful smile.. In all of our hearts.. We love you so. Happy Birthday. pic.twitter.com/XzGVu0g5nY
— Lea Michele (@msleamichele) May 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks