Paul Walker Car Crash and Death: Driver Roger Rodas’ Widow Files Lawsuit Against Porsche for Wrongful Death, Negligence, Product Liability
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 13, 2014 11:14 AM EST
"Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker and Roger Rodas died in a car crash after their Porsche Carrera GT crashed in Los Angeles. Now, the wife of Roger, who was driving the car, is suing Porsche stating the car had faulty mechanics that caused the accident.
Kristine Rodas filed the case against the sports car company alleging the Porsche Carrera GT had a defective part in the suspension which was the reason behind the crash. According to TMZ, in the lawsuit, Kristine mentioned that Roger tried his best to keep the car on the road, however lost control and crashed into a light pole.
The documents were filed in L.A. County Superior Court. Kristine, in the documents, accused the sports car company that the car exploded as soon as it hit the pole. She claimed that the ill-fated Porsche Carrera GT did not have a proper racing fuel cell and crash cage.
TMZ mentioned in the post that the document submitted by Roger's wife stated that fuel cell prevents fuel from igniting upon crash and it is often found in race cars like Carrera GT.
The wife also accused Porsche that the company did not warn customers of different dangerous crashes that happened in the car.
TMZ revealed that Kristine sued Porsche for wrongful death, product liability and negligence. She hired the services of Hollywood lawyer Mark Geragos.
However, the problem revealed by the Web site was that Kristine did not mention that Roger was speeding. As a matter of fact, she noted that he was only driving at 55 mph.
In March, CHP announced the investigation results and revealed that the car was between 80 and 93 mph.
Now, it has to be seen how Kristine vs. Porsche case turns out to be.
Stay tuned for more updates on this case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date