Paul Walker Car Crash and Death: Driver Roger Rodas’ Widow Files Lawsuit Against Porsche for Wrongful Death, Negligence, Product Liability
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 13, 2014 11:14 AM EST
"Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker and Roger Rodas died in a car crash after their Porsche Carrera GT crashed in Los Angeles. Now, the wife of Roger, who was driving the car, is suing Porsche stating the car had faulty mechanics that caused the accident.
Kristine Rodas filed the case against the sports car company alleging the Porsche Carrera GT had a defective part in the suspension which was the reason behind the crash. According to TMZ, in the lawsuit, Kristine mentioned that Roger tried his best to keep the car on the road, however lost control and crashed into a light pole.
The documents were filed in L.A. County Superior Court. Kristine, in the documents, accused the sports car company that the car exploded as soon as it hit the pole. She claimed that the ill-fated Porsche Carrera GT did not have a proper racing fuel cell and crash cage.
TMZ mentioned in the post that the document submitted by Roger's wife stated that fuel cell prevents fuel from igniting upon crash and it is often found in race cars like Carrera GT.
The wife also accused Porsche that the company did not warn customers of different dangerous crashes that happened in the car.
TMZ revealed that Kristine sued Porsche for wrongful death, product liability and negligence. She hired the services of Hollywood lawyer Mark Geragos.
However, the problem revealed by the Web site was that Kristine did not mention that Roger was speeding. As a matter of fact, she noted that he was only driving at 55 mph.
In March, CHP announced the investigation results and revealed that the car was between 80 and 93 mph.
Now, it has to be seen how Kristine vs. Porsche case turns out to be.
Stay tuned for more updates on this case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales