Paul Wesley on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Apologizes to Fans about Stefan's Death
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 10:23 AM EST
Actor Paul Wesley has confirmed that what happened to his character, Stefan Salvatore, in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 21 "Promised Land" is real. The 31-year-old TVD star told the fans on his Twitter account that Stefan is "done" and apologized about it after the penultimate episode aired.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'The Originals' Episode 20 'A Closer Walk with Thee' Recap/Spoilers: Mikael Wants To Come Back Again From The Dead with Davina’s Help
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 20 Recap/Spoilers: Meet ‘The Godfather’ Families with Fangs in the Spinoff Series ‘Bloodlines’
In Episode 21, a Traveller named Julian took over hybrid Tyler's (Michael Trevino) body and his anger for losing his wife Maria (Tamara Austin) resulted to a violent confrontation with Stefan. Caroline (Candice Accola) witnessed how her good friend Stefan died after Julian ripped out the Salvatore vampire's heart.
Majority of the fans are expressing on Twitter and Facebook that they want Stefan to be brought back to life. In order for this to happen, Bonnie (Kat Graham) must find a way really fast to stop the Other Side from further collapsing and bring Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Stefan back.
As for the Season 5 finale episode, some TVD fans commented on the social media sites that they could not wait to see Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) reaction when he finds out that his brother is dead. According to the Wet Paint report, this is not the first time for executive producer Julie Plec to kill off a major character and even though the characters are dead, they still appear in some "The Vampire Diaries" episodes.
However, Paul Wesley's confirmation on Twitter about his character verifies what TVD executive producer Caroline Dries revealed in the past. In the Zap2it report, Ms Dries teased about three major deaths happening before Season 5 ends and they will be permanent ones.
Stefan is done-zo. Sorry guys.
— Paul Wesley (@paulwesley) May 9, 2014
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale episode is expected to have a mournful tone over Stefan's death but still intense and action-packed courtesy of Damon's "Project Kaboom" where he wants to blow up Mystic Falls to get rid of the Travellers permanently. In a previous report, Paul Wesley revealed that the Season 5 ending will set up the "new parameters" for the brand new Season 6.
The TVD actor further teased that things will now be reset in Season 6 and the writers now have the capability of changing the circumstances and locations of the CW TV series. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 22 titled "Home" is scheduled to air on Thursday night, May 15, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Damon Works on His Explosion Plan with Jeremy and Matt in Finale Episode Titled 'Home' [WATCH PROMO VIDEO] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 21 'Promised Land' Recap/Spoilers: One Major Death Happens, Bonnie Feels the Pressure of Being an Anchor to the Other Side - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Caroline Wants to Kill Tyler, Find Out Why in the Sneak Peek Video for Episode 21 'Promised Land' [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar