Paul Wesley on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Apologizes to Fans about Stefan's Death
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 13, 2014 10:23 AM EST
Actor Paul Wesley has confirmed that what happened to his character, Stefan Salvatore, in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 21 "Promised Land" is real. The 31-year-old TVD star told the fans on his Twitter account that Stefan is "done" and apologized about it after the penultimate episode aired.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'The Originals' Episode 20 'A Closer Walk with Thee' Recap/Spoilers: Mikael Wants To Come Back Again From The Dead with Davina’s Help
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 20 Recap/Spoilers: Meet ‘The Godfather’ Families with Fangs in the Spinoff Series ‘Bloodlines’
In Episode 21, a Traveller named Julian took over hybrid Tyler's (Michael Trevino) body and his anger for losing his wife Maria (Tamara Austin) resulted to a violent confrontation with Stefan. Caroline (Candice Accola) witnessed how her good friend Stefan died after Julian ripped out the Salvatore vampire's heart.
Majority of the fans are expressing on Twitter and Facebook that they want Stefan to be brought back to life. In order for this to happen, Bonnie (Kat Graham) must find a way really fast to stop the Other Side from further collapsing and bring Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Stefan back.
As for the Season 5 finale episode, some TVD fans commented on the social media sites that they could not wait to see Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) reaction when he finds out that his brother is dead. According to the Wet Paint report, this is not the first time for executive producer Julie Plec to kill off a major character and even though the characters are dead, they still appear in some "The Vampire Diaries" episodes.
However, Paul Wesley's confirmation on Twitter about his character verifies what TVD executive producer Caroline Dries revealed in the past. In the Zap2it report, Ms Dries teased about three major deaths happening before Season 5 ends and they will be permanent ones.
Stefan is done-zo. Sorry guys.
— Paul Wesley (@paulwesley) May 9, 2014
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale episode is expected to have a mournful tone over Stefan's death but still intense and action-packed courtesy of Damon's "Project Kaboom" where he wants to blow up Mystic Falls to get rid of the Travellers permanently. In a previous report, Paul Wesley revealed that the Season 5 ending will set up the "new parameters" for the brand new Season 6.
The TVD actor further teased that things will now be reset in Season 6 and the writers now have the capability of changing the circumstances and locations of the CW TV series. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 22 titled "Home" is scheduled to air on Thursday night, May 15, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Damon Works on His Explosion Plan with Jeremy and Matt in Finale Episode Titled 'Home' [WATCH PROMO VIDEO] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 21 'Promised Land' Recap/Spoilers: One Major Death Happens, Bonnie Feels the Pressure of Being an Anchor to the Other Side - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Caroline Wants to Kill Tyler, Find Out Why in the Sneak Peek Video for Episode 21 'Promised Land' [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015