Miranda Kerr Makes Peace With Family As She Spends Mother’s Day in Australia
By Anne Lu | May 13, 2014 9:07 AM EST
Miranda Kerr’s family drama appears to have ended after the supermodel returned to Australia during the weekend to spend Mother’s Day with them.
In February, the family of the former Victoria’s Secret model admitted that she had cut all communications from them after a bitter feud from over a year.
Her mother Therese said in the docudrama series “Family Confidential” that she tried to reconnect with her daughter, but Miranda hadn’t returned her text messages. The family even learned of her separation from her husband, British actor Orlando Bloom, from Orlando.
It appears that the Kerr family drama have been resolved after Miranda was spotted spending Mother’s Day with Therese in Sydney. Miranda and her three-year-old son Flynn were greeted by the Kerr family at the airport on Saturday.
Miranda also posted her family photo on her Instagram account with the caption, “Such a special day with my family. Happy Mother’s Day to all.”
According to Therese, Miranda jetted off to Asia after their reunion, leaving Flynn with his grandparents.
“They’ve been home and then Miranda ducked off to Shanghai and Singapore so we’ve had Flynn. We went to the zoo and all sorts of things so it was just beautiful,” she told “Today” show host Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson on Monday.
Therese also showed her new pendant necklace, which was given by Miranda for Mother’s Day, and her new bracelet, which was from son Matthew.
Meanwhile, Miranda revealed how she copes with challenges.
In an interview with the Telegraph, she talked about how a traumatic experience changed her approach to life. Her high school boyfriend died in a car accident in 1998.
“When I have challenges now, I feel like I sit with them, I try to look at things, because there’s always a positive and a negative to everything,” she said.
“And sometimes I’ll speak to friends, and sometimes I’ll just meditate and I’ll visualise letting it go, or whatever it might be. Meditation and yoga, and having people, as I said, who you trust, who you talk to. But also writing. I like to write, and then I can rip it up or burn it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown