Japanese Fashion Chain Uniqlo to Open Sydney Store in Later Part of 2014, Plans 50 More Aussie Outlets Over Next 3 Years
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 13, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Modern Japanese fashion would soon be available to Sydney residents with the opening in the later part of 2014 an outlet of fast-fashion giant Uniqlo. The 1,480-square metre outlet would be located at the central MidCity shopping centre.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Uniqlo, which has a pop-up store in Pitt Street Mall, would carry men's, women's, children's and infant wear.
In April, Uniqlo opened its first Australia store in Melbourne as well as an online store. The Japanese clothing giant plans to open up to 50 more outlets in Australia over the next three years, said Uniqlo Australia Chief Executive Shoichi Miyasaka.
Besides Uniqlo, other big foreign retailers are also seeing the lucrative Australian market such as H&M from Sweden which opened an outlet in Melbourne in April, Zara from Spain which opened nine stores in Australia and Topshop from Britain which has been in the country since 2011.
Uniqlo has 1,200 outlets around the world and the fashion brand is known for luxury-looking basic items with affordable price tag such as $30 for skinny denims and a wide variety of colour options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones