Japanese Fashion Chain Uniqlo to Open Sydney Store in Later Part of 2014, Plans 50 More Aussie Outlets Over Next 3 Years
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 13, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Modern Japanese fashion would soon be available to Sydney residents with the opening in the later part of 2014 an outlet of fast-fashion giant Uniqlo. The 1,480-square metre outlet would be located at the central MidCity shopping centre.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Uniqlo, which has a pop-up store in Pitt Street Mall, would carry men's, women's, children's and infant wear.
In April, Uniqlo opened its first Australia store in Melbourne as well as an online store. The Japanese clothing giant plans to open up to 50 more outlets in Australia over the next three years, said Uniqlo Australia Chief Executive Shoichi Miyasaka.
Besides Uniqlo, other big foreign retailers are also seeing the lucrative Australian market such as H&M from Sweden which opened an outlet in Melbourne in April, Zara from Spain which opened nine stores in Australia and Topshop from Britain which has been in the country since 2011.
Uniqlo has 1,200 outlets around the world and the fashion brand is known for luxury-looking basic items with affordable price tag such as $30 for skinny denims and a wide variety of colour options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness