Japanese Fashion Chain Uniqlo to Open Sydney Store in Later Part of 2014, Plans 50 More Aussie Outlets Over Next 3 Years
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 13, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Modern Japanese fashion would soon be available to Sydney residents with the opening in the later part of 2014 an outlet of fast-fashion giant Uniqlo. The 1,480-square metre outlet would be located at the central MidCity shopping centre.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Uniqlo, which has a pop-up store in Pitt Street Mall, would carry men's, women's, children's and infant wear.
In April, Uniqlo opened its first Australia store in Melbourne as well as an online store. The Japanese clothing giant plans to open up to 50 more outlets in Australia over the next three years, said Uniqlo Australia Chief Executive Shoichi Miyasaka.
Besides Uniqlo, other big foreign retailers are also seeing the lucrative Australian market such as H&M from Sweden which opened an outlet in Melbourne in April, Zara from Spain which opened nine stores in Australia and Topshop from Britain which has been in the country since 2011.
Uniqlo has 1,200 outlets around the world and the fashion brand is known for luxury-looking basic items with affordable price tag such as $30 for skinny denims and a wide variety of colour options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features