Japanese Fashion Chain Uniqlo to Open Sydney Store in Later Part of 2014, Plans 50 More Aussie Outlets Over Next 3 Years
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 13, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Modern Japanese fashion would soon be available to Sydney residents with the opening in the later part of 2014 an outlet of fast-fashion giant Uniqlo. The 1,480-square metre outlet would be located at the central MidCity shopping centre.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Uniqlo, which has a pop-up store in Pitt Street Mall, would carry men's, women's, children's and infant wear.
In April, Uniqlo opened its first Australia store in Melbourne as well as an online store. The Japanese clothing giant plans to open up to 50 more outlets in Australia over the next three years, said Uniqlo Australia Chief Executive Shoichi Miyasaka.
Besides Uniqlo, other big foreign retailers are also seeing the lucrative Australian market such as H&M from Sweden which opened an outlet in Melbourne in April, Zara from Spain which opened nine stores in Australia and Topshop from Britain which has been in the country since 2011.
Uniqlo has 1,200 outlets around the world and the fashion brand is known for luxury-looking basic items with affordable price tag such as $30 for skinny denims and a wide variety of colour options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air