Japanese Fashion Chain Uniqlo to Open Sydney Store in Later Part of 2014, Plans 50 More Aussie Outlets Over Next 3 Years
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 13, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Modern Japanese fashion would soon be available to Sydney residents with the opening in the later part of 2014 an outlet of fast-fashion giant Uniqlo. The 1,480-square metre outlet would be located at the central MidCity shopping centre.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Uniqlo, which has a pop-up store in Pitt Street Mall, would carry men's, women's, children's and infant wear.
In April, Uniqlo opened its first Australia store in Melbourne as well as an online store. The Japanese clothing giant plans to open up to 50 more outlets in Australia over the next three years, said Uniqlo Australia Chief Executive Shoichi Miyasaka.
Besides Uniqlo, other big foreign retailers are also seeing the lucrative Australian market such as H&M from Sweden which opened an outlet in Melbourne in April, Zara from Spain which opened nine stores in Australia and Topshop from Britain which has been in the country since 2011.
Uniqlo has 1,200 outlets around the world and the fashion brand is known for luxury-looking basic items with affordable price tag such as $30 for skinny denims and a wide variety of colour options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports