Australian Reunion with Philadelphia 76ers, A Possibility for Dante Exum and Brett Brown
By James Patrick Quizon | May 12, 2014 10:58 PM EST
According to a report from philly.com, Philadelphia’s general manager Sam Hinkie has “studied Exum intently” and has talked with head coach Brett Brown on the possibility that they’ll take him as their first round pick in the draft.
Brown was the head coach of the Australian Basketball National Team in 2011 when he invited a then 15-year-old Exum in one of the Boomers’ practices.
Now 18 years of age, the Aussie guard is projected to be at least a Top 5 pick. The 76ers have a lottery first rounder with a 19.9 per cent chance to select the top pick based on the draft lottery odds.
ESPN writes about Exum in the site’s scouting report:
“Exum can play both guard positions and has the ideal blend of athleticism and skill. He is very quick with the ball and gets to the rim almost effortlessly. His jump shot is still a work in progress -- the primary weakness in his game. If he were playing in the U.S., he would be a contender for the No. 1 overall pick.”
The Sixers already have Michael Carter-Williams, who played the point guard and shooting guard positions last season. The question for the Sixers brass, should they decide to tap Exum, is if both can be versatile enough to actually play alongside each other.
MCW was drafted 11th overall in the 2013 NBA Draft and was named the 2014 NBA Rookie of the Year last May. Exum impressed scouts in the Under-17 and Under-19 FIBA World Championships and also at the World Select Team at the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit.
Other top prospects in the 2014 NBA Draft are Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Julius Randle and Marcus Smart.S
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation