ABC Musical 'Nashville' Returns for Season Three with 22 New Episodes: Fans Rejoice on Twitter
By nidhi tewari | May 12, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Connie Britton is coming back! Good news for all the fans of hit music series "Nashville" as the series has been renewed for Season 3! The exciting news about the ABC series was revealed by Ben Sherwood, co-president of Disney ABC Television Group. The musical series is new to ABC and has loyal fans but there was still not clarity about its renewal for next season despite completing almost two seasons. However, the mystery surrounding the renewal has now been solved and "Nashies" or fans of the musical series are rejoicing on Twitter over the exciting news.
"Congratz and welcome back for Season 3 to @Nashville_ABC," Ben Sherwood tweeted directing his tweets to all "Nashville" stars namely Connie Britton, Charles Esten, creator Callie Khouri and "the whole Nashville team and loyal fans."
"Nashville" has always been in news for its not so great ratings as the Season two averaged about 5.3 million viewers each week. The amount is a little modest a network show but since the musical drama has a strong adult rating in the age group of 18-49, with a 1.4 rating, it was considered to be renewed yet again, E! Online reports.
Season 2 of "Nashville" gets wrapped up on May 14. By getting renewed for another season, the series joins the bandwagon of other ABC hits that are being renewed for next season and it includes "Scandal," "Grey's Anatomy," "Revenge," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Castle."
Meanwhile "Trophy Wife," "Mixology," "Suburgatory," "The Neighbors" and "Super Fun Night" are all canceled.
ABC has offered a 22-episode order for the show, show's trans-media producer, Geoffrey Colo tweeted. "Way to go #nashies #nashville Season Three is a go with 22 episodes," Colo tweeted.
"Gaining a third season further enhances the value of the show. The impact has been immeasurable already, across the globe, and we believe season three increases that impact exponentially. My thanks to the governor, the mayor and Ryman Hospitality for all of the support," Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau President Butch Spyridon issued the statement on Saturday, according to tennessean.com
Fans of the show are expressing their excitement on twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance