ABC Musical 'Nashville' Returns for Season Three with 22 New Episodes: Fans Rejoice on Twitter
By nidhi tewari | May 12, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Connie Britton is coming back! Good news for all the fans of hit music series "Nashville" as the series has been renewed for Season 3! The exciting news about the ABC series was revealed by Ben Sherwood, co-president of Disney ABC Television Group. The musical series is new to ABC and has loyal fans but there was still not clarity about its renewal for next season despite completing almost two seasons. However, the mystery surrounding the renewal has now been solved and "Nashies" or fans of the musical series are rejoicing on Twitter over the exciting news.
"Congratz and welcome back for Season 3 to @Nashville_ABC," Ben Sherwood tweeted directing his tweets to all "Nashville" stars namely Connie Britton, Charles Esten, creator Callie Khouri and "the whole Nashville team and loyal fans."
"Nashville" has always been in news for its not so great ratings as the Season two averaged about 5.3 million viewers each week. The amount is a little modest a network show but since the musical drama has a strong adult rating in the age group of 18-49, with a 1.4 rating, it was considered to be renewed yet again, E! Online reports.
Season 2 of "Nashville" gets wrapped up on May 14. By getting renewed for another season, the series joins the bandwagon of other ABC hits that are being renewed for next season and it includes "Scandal," "Grey's Anatomy," "Revenge," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Castle."
Meanwhile "Trophy Wife," "Mixology," "Suburgatory," "The Neighbors" and "Super Fun Night" are all canceled.
ABC has offered a 22-episode order for the show, show's trans-media producer, Geoffrey Colo tweeted. "Way to go #nashies #nashville Season Three is a go with 22 episodes," Colo tweeted.
"Gaining a third season further enhances the value of the show. The impact has been immeasurable already, across the globe, and we believe season three increases that impact exponentially. My thanks to the governor, the mayor and Ryman Hospitality for all of the support," Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau President Butch Spyridon issued the statement on Saturday, according to tennessean.com
Fans of the show are expressing their excitement on twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report