ABC Musical 'Nashville' Returns for Season Three with 22 New Episodes: Fans Rejoice on Twitter
By nidhi tewari | May 12, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Connie Britton is coming back! Good news for all the fans of hit music series "Nashville" as the series has been renewed for Season 3! The exciting news about the ABC series was revealed by Ben Sherwood, co-president of Disney ABC Television Group. The musical series is new to ABC and has loyal fans but there was still not clarity about its renewal for next season despite completing almost two seasons. However, the mystery surrounding the renewal has now been solved and "Nashies" or fans of the musical series are rejoicing on Twitter over the exciting news.
"Congratz and welcome back for Season 3 to @Nashville_ABC," Ben Sherwood tweeted directing his tweets to all "Nashville" stars namely Connie Britton, Charles Esten, creator Callie Khouri and "the whole Nashville team and loyal fans."
"Nashville" has always been in news for its not so great ratings as the Season two averaged about 5.3 million viewers each week. The amount is a little modest a network show but since the musical drama has a strong adult rating in the age group of 18-49, with a 1.4 rating, it was considered to be renewed yet again, E! Online reports.
Season 2 of "Nashville" gets wrapped up on May 14. By getting renewed for another season, the series joins the bandwagon of other ABC hits that are being renewed for next season and it includes "Scandal," "Grey's Anatomy," "Revenge," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Castle."
Meanwhile "Trophy Wife," "Mixology," "Suburgatory," "The Neighbors" and "Super Fun Night" are all canceled.
ABC has offered a 22-episode order for the show, show's trans-media producer, Geoffrey Colo tweeted. "Way to go #nashies #nashville Season Three is a go with 22 episodes," Colo tweeted.
"Gaining a third season further enhances the value of the show. The impact has been immeasurable already, across the globe, and we believe season three increases that impact exponentially. My thanks to the governor, the mayor and Ryman Hospitality for all of the support," Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau President Butch Spyridon issued the statement on Saturday, according to tennessean.com
Fans of the show are expressing their excitement on twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles