ABC Musical 'Nashville' Returns for Season Three with 22 New Episodes: Fans Rejoice on Twitter
By nidhi tewari | May 12, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Connie Britton is coming back! Good news for all the fans of hit music series "Nashville" as the series has been renewed for Season 3! The exciting news about the ABC series was revealed by Ben Sherwood, co-president of Disney ABC Television Group. The musical series is new to ABC and has loyal fans but there was still not clarity about its renewal for next season despite completing almost two seasons. However, the mystery surrounding the renewal has now been solved and "Nashies" or fans of the musical series are rejoicing on Twitter over the exciting news.
"Congratz and welcome back for Season 3 to @Nashville_ABC," Ben Sherwood tweeted directing his tweets to all "Nashville" stars namely Connie Britton, Charles Esten, creator Callie Khouri and "the whole Nashville team and loyal fans."
"Nashville" has always been in news for its not so great ratings as the Season two averaged about 5.3 million viewers each week. The amount is a little modest a network show but since the musical drama has a strong adult rating in the age group of 18-49, with a 1.4 rating, it was considered to be renewed yet again, E! Online reports.
Season 2 of "Nashville" gets wrapped up on May 14. By getting renewed for another season, the series joins the bandwagon of other ABC hits that are being renewed for next season and it includes "Scandal," "Grey's Anatomy," "Revenge," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Castle."
Meanwhile "Trophy Wife," "Mixology," "Suburgatory," "The Neighbors" and "Super Fun Night" are all canceled.
ABC has offered a 22-episode order for the show, show's trans-media producer, Geoffrey Colo tweeted. "Way to go #nashies #nashville Season Three is a go with 22 episodes," Colo tweeted.
"Gaining a third season further enhances the value of the show. The impact has been immeasurable already, across the globe, and we believe season three increases that impact exponentially. My thanks to the governor, the mayor and Ryman Hospitality for all of the support," Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau President Butch Spyridon issued the statement on Saturday, according to tennessean.com
Fans of the show are expressing their excitement on twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?