ABC Musical 'Nashville' Returns for Season Three with 22 New Episodes: Fans Rejoice on Twitter
By nidhi tewari | May 12, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Connie Britton is coming back! Good news for all the fans of hit music series "Nashville" as the series has been renewed for Season 3! The exciting news about the ABC series was revealed by Ben Sherwood, co-president of Disney ABC Television Group. The musical series is new to ABC and has loyal fans but there was still not clarity about its renewal for next season despite completing almost two seasons. However, the mystery surrounding the renewal has now been solved and "Nashies" or fans of the musical series are rejoicing on Twitter over the exciting news.
"Congratz and welcome back for Season 3 to @Nashville_ABC," Ben Sherwood tweeted directing his tweets to all "Nashville" stars namely Connie Britton, Charles Esten, creator Callie Khouri and "the whole Nashville team and loyal fans."
"Nashville" has always been in news for its not so great ratings as the Season two averaged about 5.3 million viewers each week. The amount is a little modest a network show but since the musical drama has a strong adult rating in the age group of 18-49, with a 1.4 rating, it was considered to be renewed yet again, E! Online reports.
Season 2 of "Nashville" gets wrapped up on May 14. By getting renewed for another season, the series joins the bandwagon of other ABC hits that are being renewed for next season and it includes "Scandal," "Grey's Anatomy," "Revenge," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Castle."
Meanwhile "Trophy Wife," "Mixology," "Suburgatory," "The Neighbors" and "Super Fun Night" are all canceled.
ABC has offered a 22-episode order for the show, show's trans-media producer, Geoffrey Colo tweeted. "Way to go #nashies #nashville Season Three is a go with 22 episodes," Colo tweeted.
"Gaining a third season further enhances the value of the show. The impact has been immeasurable already, across the globe, and we believe season three increases that impact exponentially. My thanks to the governor, the mayor and Ryman Hospitality for all of the support," Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau President Butch Spyridon issued the statement on Saturday, according to tennessean.com
Fans of the show are expressing their excitement on twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage