‘The Blacklist’ Season 2: Liz, Agent Ressler’s Chemistry and Feelings to Remain Intact
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 12, 2014 7:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" wraps-up after a successful first season run. It has consistently managed to rake-in good ratings. NBC renewed "The Blacklist" in December 2013 for 22-Episode Season 2. It is expected that the first season finale will open-up plenty of new questions that is set to provide the base for the new season.
The Season 1 Final episode, "Berlin," is going to shake-up things. In the Season Finale, according to Megan Boone, who plays Liz, "FBI unit will be shaken to the core." She said to the Wall Street Journal, "We will never be the same. And we really tee up season two with the finale."
When TV Line asked, if Season 1 Finale is going to provide a "certain direction" for Season 2, Boone said that "Berlin" will "definitely" provide a sense of what the premiere episode of Season 2 is going to be about.
In an interview with TV Guide, Boone revealed that Season 2 will "partially be about exploring the ensemble too, breathing a lot more life into the group and the tactical team and what is in their past."
One of the highlights of Season 1 is Liz and Agent Ressler's evolving bond. The two did not hit it off instantly but gradually have come to trust each other and be each other's confidante. It is very much speculated that Liz and Agent Ressler may find themselves in a romantic relationship.
When TV Guide asked Boone if there will be more focus on Agent Ressler's relationship in Season 2, she said, "Everybody's curious about that. That's a smaller, more detailed element of the second season. That isn't fully formed, but the feelings and the things you see there between Liz and Ressler, they're going to remain."
"That dynamic and that chemistry and that relationship are going to be there. Where that takes us plot-wise, that remains to be seen," the actress added.
Jon Bokenkamp, creator of "The Blacklist," has hinted that viewers can expect some changes for Liz in the new season. "She's going to be confronting dark choices about how she wants to move forward and who she wants to become," he said to USA Today.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko