‘The Blacklist’ Season 2: Liz, Agent Ressler’s Chemistry and Feelings to Remain Intact
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 12, 2014 7:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" wraps-up after a successful first season run. It has consistently managed to rake-in good ratings. NBC renewed "The Blacklist" in December 2013 for 22-Episode Season 2. It is expected that the first season finale will open-up plenty of new questions that is set to provide the base for the new season.
The Season 1 Final episode, "Berlin," is going to shake-up things. In the Season Finale, according to Megan Boone, who plays Liz, "FBI unit will be shaken to the core." She said to the Wall Street Journal, "We will never be the same. And we really tee up season two with the finale."
When TV Line asked, if Season 1 Finale is going to provide a "certain direction" for Season 2, Boone said that "Berlin" will "definitely" provide a sense of what the premiere episode of Season 2 is going to be about.
In an interview with TV Guide, Boone revealed that Season 2 will "partially be about exploring the ensemble too, breathing a lot more life into the group and the tactical team and what is in their past."
One of the highlights of Season 1 is Liz and Agent Ressler's evolving bond. The two did not hit it off instantly but gradually have come to trust each other and be each other's confidante. It is very much speculated that Liz and Agent Ressler may find themselves in a romantic relationship.
When TV Guide asked Boone if there will be more focus on Agent Ressler's relationship in Season 2, she said, "Everybody's curious about that. That's a smaller, more detailed element of the second season. That isn't fully formed, but the feelings and the things you see there between Liz and Ressler, they're going to remain."
"That dynamic and that chemistry and that relationship are going to be there. Where that takes us plot-wise, that remains to be seen," the actress added.
Jon Bokenkamp, creator of "The Blacklist," has hinted that viewers can expect some changes for Liz in the new season. "She's going to be confronting dark choices about how she wants to move forward and who she wants to become," he said to USA Today.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate