‘The Blacklist’ Season 2: Liz, Agent Ressler’s Chemistry and Feelings to Remain Intact
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 12, 2014 7:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" wraps-up after a successful first season run. It has consistently managed to rake-in good ratings. NBC renewed "The Blacklist" in December 2013 for 22-Episode Season 2. It is expected that the first season finale will open-up plenty of new questions that is set to provide the base for the new season.
The Season 1 Final episode, "Berlin," is going to shake-up things. In the Season Finale, according to Megan Boone, who plays Liz, "FBI unit will be shaken to the core." She said to the Wall Street Journal, "We will never be the same. And we really tee up season two with the finale."
When TV Line asked, if Season 1 Finale is going to provide a "certain direction" for Season 2, Boone said that "Berlin" will "definitely" provide a sense of what the premiere episode of Season 2 is going to be about.
In an interview with TV Guide, Boone revealed that Season 2 will "partially be about exploring the ensemble too, breathing a lot more life into the group and the tactical team and what is in their past."
One of the highlights of Season 1 is Liz and Agent Ressler's evolving bond. The two did not hit it off instantly but gradually have come to trust each other and be each other's confidante. It is very much speculated that Liz and Agent Ressler may find themselves in a romantic relationship.
When TV Guide asked Boone if there will be more focus on Agent Ressler's relationship in Season 2, she said, "Everybody's curious about that. That's a smaller, more detailed element of the second season. That isn't fully formed, but the feelings and the things you see there between Liz and Ressler, they're going to remain."
"That dynamic and that chemistry and that relationship are going to be there. Where that takes us plot-wise, that remains to be seen," the actress added.
Jon Bokenkamp, creator of "The Blacklist," has hinted that viewers can expect some changes for Liz in the new season. "She's going to be confronting dark choices about how she wants to move forward and who she wants to become," he said to USA Today.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet