‘The Blacklist’ Season 2: Liz, Agent Ressler’s Chemistry and Feelings to Remain Intact
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 12, 2014 7:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" wraps-up after a successful first season run. It has consistently managed to rake-in good ratings. NBC renewed "The Blacklist" in December 2013 for 22-Episode Season 2. It is expected that the first season finale will open-up plenty of new questions that is set to provide the base for the new season.
The Season 1 Final episode, "Berlin," is going to shake-up things. In the Season Finale, according to Megan Boone, who plays Liz, "FBI unit will be shaken to the core." She said to the Wall Street Journal, "We will never be the same. And we really tee up season two with the finale."
When TV Line asked, if Season 1 Finale is going to provide a "certain direction" for Season 2, Boone said that "Berlin" will "definitely" provide a sense of what the premiere episode of Season 2 is going to be about.
In an interview with TV Guide, Boone revealed that Season 2 will "partially be about exploring the ensemble too, breathing a lot more life into the group and the tactical team and what is in their past."
One of the highlights of Season 1 is Liz and Agent Ressler's evolving bond. The two did not hit it off instantly but gradually have come to trust each other and be each other's confidante. It is very much speculated that Liz and Agent Ressler may find themselves in a romantic relationship.
When TV Guide asked Boone if there will be more focus on Agent Ressler's relationship in Season 2, she said, "Everybody's curious about that. That's a smaller, more detailed element of the second season. That isn't fully formed, but the feelings and the things you see there between Liz and Ressler, they're going to remain."
"That dynamic and that chemistry and that relationship are going to be there. Where that takes us plot-wise, that remains to be seen," the actress added.
Jon Bokenkamp, creator of "The Blacklist," has hinted that viewers can expect some changes for Liz in the new season. "She's going to be confronting dark choices about how she wants to move forward and who she wants to become," he said to USA Today.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon