‘The Blacklist’ Season 2: Liz, Agent Ressler’s Chemistry and Feelings to Remain Intact
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 12, 2014 7:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" wraps-up after a successful first season run. It has consistently managed to rake-in good ratings. NBC renewed "The Blacklist" in December 2013 for 22-Episode Season 2. It is expected that the first season finale will open-up plenty of new questions that is set to provide the base for the new season.
The Season 1 Final episode, "Berlin," is going to shake-up things. In the Season Finale, according to Megan Boone, who plays Liz, "FBI unit will be shaken to the core." She said to the Wall Street Journal, "We will never be the same. And we really tee up season two with the finale."
When TV Line asked, if Season 1 Finale is going to provide a "certain direction" for Season 2, Boone said that "Berlin" will "definitely" provide a sense of what the premiere episode of Season 2 is going to be about.
In an interview with TV Guide, Boone revealed that Season 2 will "partially be about exploring the ensemble too, breathing a lot more life into the group and the tactical team and what is in their past."
One of the highlights of Season 1 is Liz and Agent Ressler's evolving bond. The two did not hit it off instantly but gradually have come to trust each other and be each other's confidante. It is very much speculated that Liz and Agent Ressler may find themselves in a romantic relationship.
When TV Guide asked Boone if there will be more focus on Agent Ressler's relationship in Season 2, she said, "Everybody's curious about that. That's a smaller, more detailed element of the second season. That isn't fully formed, but the feelings and the things you see there between Liz and Ressler, they're going to remain."
"That dynamic and that chemistry and that relationship are going to be there. Where that takes us plot-wise, that remains to be seen," the actress added.
Jon Bokenkamp, creator of "The Blacklist," has hinted that viewers can expect some changes for Liz in the new season. "She's going to be confronting dark choices about how she wants to move forward and who she wants to become," he said to USA Today.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’