Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber More Than Just a Bromance
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 12, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber are an unlikely pair, but they're the best of friends. Mayweather and Bieber's "bromance" doesn't stop as soon as the undefeated boxer steps out of the ring. The Canadian pop star also supports Mayweather on the business side of things beyond the ring.
According to Fighthype.com, Mayweather and Bieber have so many things in common. Not known to many, Mayweather and Bieber met through John Shahidi, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Shots Mobile, Inc. Shahidi's company later on developed an anti-bullying application called Shots where in users can post pictures that neither can be filtered nor edited, without a commenting platform.
The pair are among the celebrities who take bullying seriously. It is the very reason why they were so keen to support the Shots app. "It is the one place where they can feel comfortable freely sharing positive moments of their lives without the worry of negativity and ridicule from naysayers."
The Web site further reported that Mayweather and Bieber have plans of putting up more businesses in the future.
Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 11, 2014
"It was clear that this seemingly odd couple have a strong, honest friendship much deeper than what many assume."
Ever since Mayweather and Bieber became friends, the "Baby" singer has always been a regular member of Mayweather's entourage. Bieber, along with Lil' Wayne escorted Mayweather to the boxing ring at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3 during his fight against Marcos Maidana.
Bieber once said in an interview that Mayweather is a great person. "Floyd Mayweather is a very nice guy," said Bieber. "He invited me out to his house and we'd hang out and he asked me to walk him into the ring and I said yes and made it happen," Bieber added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports