Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber More Than Just a Bromance
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 12, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber are an unlikely pair, but they're the best of friends. Mayweather and Bieber's "bromance" doesn't stop as soon as the undefeated boxer steps out of the ring. The Canadian pop star also supports Mayweather on the business side of things beyond the ring.
According to Fighthype.com, Mayweather and Bieber have so many things in common. Not known to many, Mayweather and Bieber met through John Shahidi, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Shots Mobile, Inc. Shahidi's company later on developed an anti-bullying application called Shots where in users can post pictures that neither can be filtered nor edited, without a commenting platform.
The pair are among the celebrities who take bullying seriously. It is the very reason why they were so keen to support the Shots app. "It is the one place where they can feel comfortable freely sharing positive moments of their lives without the worry of negativity and ridicule from naysayers."
The Web site further reported that Mayweather and Bieber have plans of putting up more businesses in the future.
Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 11, 2014
"It was clear that this seemingly odd couple have a strong, honest friendship much deeper than what many assume."
Ever since Mayweather and Bieber became friends, the "Baby" singer has always been a regular member of Mayweather's entourage. Bieber, along with Lil' Wayne escorted Mayweather to the boxing ring at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3 during his fight against Marcos Maidana.
Bieber once said in an interview that Mayweather is a great person. "Floyd Mayweather is a very nice guy," said Bieber. "He invited me out to his house and we'd hang out and he asked me to walk him into the ring and I said yes and made it happen," Bieber added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate