Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber More Than Just a Bromance
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 12, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Justin Bieber are an unlikely pair, but they're the best of friends. Mayweather and Bieber's "bromance" doesn't stop as soon as the undefeated boxer steps out of the ring. The Canadian pop star also supports Mayweather on the business side of things beyond the ring.
According to Fighthype.com, Mayweather and Bieber have so many things in common. Not known to many, Mayweather and Bieber met through John Shahidi, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Shots Mobile, Inc. Shahidi's company later on developed an anti-bullying application called Shots where in users can post pictures that neither can be filtered nor edited, without a commenting platform.
The pair are among the celebrities who take bullying seriously. It is the very reason why they were so keen to support the Shots app. "It is the one place where they can feel comfortable freely sharing positive moments of their lives without the worry of negativity and ridicule from naysayers."
The Web site further reported that Mayweather and Bieber have plans of putting up more businesses in the future.
Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 11, 2014
"It was clear that this seemingly odd couple have a strong, honest friendship much deeper than what many assume."
Ever since Mayweather and Bieber became friends, the "Baby" singer has always been a regular member of Mayweather's entourage. Bieber, along with Lil' Wayne escorted Mayweather to the boxing ring at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3 during his fight against Marcos Maidana.
Bieber once said in an interview that Mayweather is a great person. "Floyd Mayweather is a very nice guy," said Bieber. "He invited me out to his house and we'd hang out and he asked me to walk him into the ring and I said yes and made it happen," Bieber added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James