One Direction Second Movie Confirmed, Continues with 'Where We Are' Tour
By Maychelle Ornos | May 12, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Morgan Spurlock confirms that One Direction will have a follow up to their first box office documentary movie, according to Entertainment Wise. This time, the team is hoping for greater success as they look up for a spot in the Oscars.
One Direction poses backstage with one of the two awards they won at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, November 24, 2013.
The pop group started off their "Where We Are" tour this month together with their filmmaker and producer Ben Winston on the road. The buzz of the second movie being on the process started to swirl around as there were pictures of the boys shared in Winston's Twitter account, as reported by Sugarscape.
It sparked rumors that they are working on a sequel to their 2013 movie after they were spotted being followed by a film crew as they trekked up to the Machu Picchu landmark in Peru.
"Yes, there will be a follow-up to This Is Us. At this moment Ben Winston is with the band on their world tour filming what happens. He worked with me and is a great producer.," said Morgan Spurlock in a report by The Mirror.
Fans are all raving about the possible second movie from the British boy group. If all goes well, they are also aiming for an Oscar award as shared by Spurlock in The Mirror.
"I know Simon Cowell wants the band to get awards for this and was upset when they missed out on being nominated in the music category for an Oscar on our film," stated Spurlock.
"Where We Are" is the headlining stadium concert tour by English-Irish boy band One Direction. The concert tour is set to visit arenas and stadiums from April through October 2014. The concert tour officially kicked off on 25 April at El Campín Stadium in Bogotá, Colombia. It promotes the band's third studio album, "Midnight Memories," also announced along with the tour.
The said tour is the third concert tour and second album from the band in three years, after the band shot up to fame after appearing on "The X Factor" in 2010. The output matches the band's strong social media following with four out of the five members have over 10 million Twitter followers each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage