One Direction Second Movie Confirmed, Continues with 'Where We Are' Tour
By Maychelle Ornos | May 12, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Morgan Spurlock confirms that One Direction will have a follow up to their first box office documentary movie, according to Entertainment Wise. This time, the team is hoping for greater success as they look up for a spot in the Oscars.
One Direction poses backstage with one of the two awards they won at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, November 24, 2013.
The pop group started off their "Where We Are" tour this month together with their filmmaker and producer Ben Winston on the road. The buzz of the second movie being on the process started to swirl around as there were pictures of the boys shared in Winston's Twitter account, as reported by Sugarscape.
It sparked rumors that they are working on a sequel to their 2013 movie after they were spotted being followed by a film crew as they trekked up to the Machu Picchu landmark in Peru.
"Yes, there will be a follow-up to This Is Us. At this moment Ben Winston is with the band on their world tour filming what happens. He worked with me and is a great producer.," said Morgan Spurlock in a report by The Mirror.
Fans are all raving about the possible second movie from the British boy group. If all goes well, they are also aiming for an Oscar award as shared by Spurlock in The Mirror.
"I know Simon Cowell wants the band to get awards for this and was upset when they missed out on being nominated in the music category for an Oscar on our film," stated Spurlock.
"Where We Are" is the headlining stadium concert tour by English-Irish boy band One Direction. The concert tour is set to visit arenas and stadiums from April through October 2014. The concert tour officially kicked off on 25 April at El Campín Stadium in Bogotá, Colombia. It promotes the band's third studio album, "Midnight Memories," also announced along with the tour.
The said tour is the third concert tour and second album from the band in three years, after the band shot up to fame after appearing on "The X Factor" in 2010. The output matches the band's strong social media following with four out of the five members have over 10 million Twitter followers each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build