One Direction Second Movie Confirmed, Continues with 'Where We Are' Tour
By Maychelle Ornos | May 12, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Morgan Spurlock confirms that One Direction will have a follow up to their first box office documentary movie, according to Entertainment Wise. This time, the team is hoping for greater success as they look up for a spot in the Oscars.
One Direction poses backstage with one of the two awards they won at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, November 24, 2013.
The pop group started off their "Where We Are" tour this month together with their filmmaker and producer Ben Winston on the road. The buzz of the second movie being on the process started to swirl around as there were pictures of the boys shared in Winston's Twitter account, as reported by Sugarscape.
It sparked rumors that they are working on a sequel to their 2013 movie after they were spotted being followed by a film crew as they trekked up to the Machu Picchu landmark in Peru.
"Yes, there will be a follow-up to This Is Us. At this moment Ben Winston is with the band on their world tour filming what happens. He worked with me and is a great producer.," said Morgan Spurlock in a report by The Mirror.
Fans are all raving about the possible second movie from the British boy group. If all goes well, they are also aiming for an Oscar award as shared by Spurlock in The Mirror.
"I know Simon Cowell wants the band to get awards for this and was upset when they missed out on being nominated in the music category for an Oscar on our film," stated Spurlock.
"Where We Are" is the headlining stadium concert tour by English-Irish boy band One Direction. The concert tour is set to visit arenas and stadiums from April through October 2014. The concert tour officially kicked off on 25 April at El Campín Stadium in Bogotá, Colombia. It promotes the band's third studio album, "Midnight Memories," also announced along with the tour.
The said tour is the third concert tour and second album from the band in three years, after the band shot up to fame after appearing on "The X Factor" in 2010. The output matches the band's strong social media following with four out of the five members have over 10 million Twitter followers each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List