One Direction Second Movie Confirmed, Continues with 'Where We Are' Tour
By Maychelle Ornos | May 12, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Morgan Spurlock confirms that One Direction will have a follow up to their first box office documentary movie, according to Entertainment Wise. This time, the team is hoping for greater success as they look up for a spot in the Oscars.
One Direction poses backstage with one of the two awards they won at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, November 24, 2013.
The pop group started off their "Where We Are" tour this month together with their filmmaker and producer Ben Winston on the road. The buzz of the second movie being on the process started to swirl around as there were pictures of the boys shared in Winston's Twitter account, as reported by Sugarscape.
It sparked rumors that they are working on a sequel to their 2013 movie after they were spotted being followed by a film crew as they trekked up to the Machu Picchu landmark in Peru.
"Yes, there will be a follow-up to This Is Us. At this moment Ben Winston is with the band on their world tour filming what happens. He worked with me and is a great producer.," said Morgan Spurlock in a report by The Mirror.
Fans are all raving about the possible second movie from the British boy group. If all goes well, they are also aiming for an Oscar award as shared by Spurlock in The Mirror.
"I know Simon Cowell wants the band to get awards for this and was upset when they missed out on being nominated in the music category for an Oscar on our film," stated Spurlock.
"Where We Are" is the headlining stadium concert tour by English-Irish boy band One Direction. The concert tour is set to visit arenas and stadiums from April through October 2014. The concert tour officially kicked off on 25 April at El Campín Stadium in Bogotá, Colombia. It promotes the band's third studio album, "Midnight Memories," also announced along with the tour.
The said tour is the third concert tour and second album from the band in three years, after the band shot up to fame after appearing on "The X Factor" in 2010. The output matches the band's strong social media following with four out of the five members have over 10 million Twitter followers each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch