Samsung Galaxy S5 Availability at Virgin Mobile Set on May 19
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Virgin Mobile will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the interested customers beginning Monday, May 19, 2014. Though the Sprint network's prepaid carrier did not reveal the pricing details on the Android device, the Phandroid report noted that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered close to the $500 price tag.
According to the GSMArena report, the lowest contract-free plan at Virgin Mobile starts at only $35 a month that can go all the way up to $55 a month for unlimited data, messaging and 300 minutes of calls. Additionally, the prepaid carrier offers a $5 price off for those who enrolled in auto-pay. Click HERE to see the photo of Virgin Mobile's announcement on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone announced in February 2014 boasts with the 5.1-inch Super AMOLED HD capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, dimensions of 142x72.5x8.1 mm with 145g in weight, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, TouchWiz UI, a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, 2GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 16GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB with the available microSD card slot.
Additional impressive features and specs included in the Android smartphone are the 16MP primary camera with Dual Shot, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization and HDR, a 2MP secondary camera with dual video call capability, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v3.0, NFC, the power of a 2800mAh Li-Ion battery capable of talk time up to 21 hours and music play up to 67 hours, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification on dust and water resistance.
The Android smartphone can be water resistant up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The Samsung Galaxy S5 also offers the owners with the wirless charging feature, kids mode, private mode, increased focus on fitness support, air gestures and voice memo or dial commands. As for the available colour options on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, consumers can choose from Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Shimmery White and Electric Blue.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble