Samsung Galaxy S5 Availability at Virgin Mobile Set on May 19
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Virgin Mobile will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the interested customers beginning Monday, May 19, 2014. Though the Sprint network's prepaid carrier did not reveal the pricing details on the Android device, the Phandroid report noted that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered close to the $500 price tag.
According to the GSMArena report, the lowest contract-free plan at Virgin Mobile starts at only $35 a month that can go all the way up to $55 a month for unlimited data, messaging and 300 minutes of calls. Additionally, the prepaid carrier offers a $5 price off for those who enrolled in auto-pay. Click HERE to see the photo of Virgin Mobile's announcement on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone announced in February 2014 boasts with the 5.1-inch Super AMOLED HD capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, dimensions of 142x72.5x8.1 mm with 145g in weight, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, TouchWiz UI, a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, 2GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 16GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB with the available microSD card slot.
Additional impressive features and specs included in the Android smartphone are the 16MP primary camera with Dual Shot, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization and HDR, a 2MP secondary camera with dual video call capability, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v3.0, NFC, the power of a 2800mAh Li-Ion battery capable of talk time up to 21 hours and music play up to 67 hours, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification on dust and water resistance.
The Android smartphone can be water resistant up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The Samsung Galaxy S5 also offers the owners with the wirless charging feature, kids mode, private mode, increased focus on fitness support, air gestures and voice memo or dial commands. As for the available colour options on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, consumers can choose from Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Shimmery White and Electric Blue.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS