Samsung Galaxy S5 Availability at Virgin Mobile Set on May 19
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Virgin Mobile will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the interested customers beginning Monday, May 19, 2014. Though the Sprint network's prepaid carrier did not reveal the pricing details on the Android device, the Phandroid report noted that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered close to the $500 price tag.
According to the GSMArena report, the lowest contract-free plan at Virgin Mobile starts at only $35 a month that can go all the way up to $55 a month for unlimited data, messaging and 300 minutes of calls. Additionally, the prepaid carrier offers a $5 price off for those who enrolled in auto-pay. Click HERE to see the photo of Virgin Mobile's announcement on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone announced in February 2014 boasts with the 5.1-inch Super AMOLED HD capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, dimensions of 142x72.5x8.1 mm with 145g in weight, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, TouchWiz UI, a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, 2GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 16GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB with the available microSD card slot.
Additional impressive features and specs included in the Android smartphone are the 16MP primary camera with Dual Shot, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization and HDR, a 2MP secondary camera with dual video call capability, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v3.0, NFC, the power of a 2800mAh Li-Ion battery capable of talk time up to 21 hours and music play up to 67 hours, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification on dust and water resistance.
The Android smartphone can be water resistant up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The Samsung Galaxy S5 also offers the owners with the wirless charging feature, kids mode, private mode, increased focus on fitness support, air gestures and voice memo or dial commands. As for the available colour options on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, consumers can choose from Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Shimmery White and Electric Blue.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Useful Tips For Moto X And Moto G: Lock Screen Notifications, Quick Settings And Privacy
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop List Of Bugs And Ways To Resolve On Nexus 5, Nexus 7 And Nexus 9
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- iPhone 8 Speculation: Exciting Big Leap From The iPhone 6
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots