Samsung Galaxy S5 Availability at Virgin Mobile Set on May 19
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Virgin Mobile will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the interested customers beginning Monday, May 19, 2014. Though the Sprint network's prepaid carrier did not reveal the pricing details on the Android device, the Phandroid report noted that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered close to the $500 price tag.
According to the GSMArena report, the lowest contract-free plan at Virgin Mobile starts at only $35 a month that can go all the way up to $55 a month for unlimited data, messaging and 300 minutes of calls. Additionally, the prepaid carrier offers a $5 price off for those who enrolled in auto-pay. Click HERE to see the photo of Virgin Mobile's announcement on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone announced in February 2014 boasts with the 5.1-inch Super AMOLED HD capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, dimensions of 142x72.5x8.1 mm with 145g in weight, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, TouchWiz UI, a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, 2GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 16GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB with the available microSD card slot.
Additional impressive features and specs included in the Android smartphone are the 16MP primary camera with Dual Shot, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization and HDR, a 2MP secondary camera with dual video call capability, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v3.0, NFC, the power of a 2800mAh Li-Ion battery capable of talk time up to 21 hours and music play up to 67 hours, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification on dust and water resistance.
The Android smartphone can be water resistant up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The Samsung Galaxy S5 also offers the owners with the wirless charging feature, kids mode, private mode, increased focus on fitness support, air gestures and voice memo or dial commands. As for the available colour options on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, consumers can choose from Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Shimmery White and Electric Blue.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Pre-Orders Now Available for Windows Phone Handset in Italy - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop