‘Star Wars’ 7 Star Mark Hamill Narrates Documentary Showing Rare Behind the Scene Footage from the Original Trilogy
By Sachin Trivedi | May 12, 2014 2:44 PM EST
In a move that may be aimed at promoting the upcoming movie "Star Wars" 7 and its cast, the official YouTube channel of the popular franchise has uploaded part 1 of a 9 part documentary about the making of the original series, narrated by cast member Mark Hamill.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handout
The "Star Wars" documentary shows some scenes from the original trilogy apart from a few behind the scene footage. Mark Hamill narrates the saga, as he follows the story portrayed by the character he plays in the films - Luke Skywalker.
The documentary could help the new fans who have not seen the original trilogy to get acquainted with some of the characters who will be appearing in the upcoming "Star Wars" 7 movie. The cast of the upcoming movie who were a part of the original series include Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford.
Two characters who have been consistently cast in all of the "Star Wars" movies are C-3PO, a protocol droid and R2-D2, an astromech droid. The two characters are often used as comic relief and are very popular among fans.
Mark Hamill was a very young man in the original series and was not part of the recently released "Star Wars" movies. The movie franchise started off with episode 4 - A New Hope in 1977, later episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980 and the last of the original series was episode 6 - Return of the Jedi, released in 1983.
The recent movies were a prequel to the movies released in the 1970s and 80s. The story focused on how Anakin Skywalker turned into the evil Darth Vader and the Empire replaced the Republic with Dart Sidious as the Emperor.
Younger fans, who have not seen the original series, may not recognise the iconic characters like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Solo. These characters were some of the most popular characters, who tend to get a mention by many fans even today.
The producers of "Star Wars" 7 may come up with more ways to publicise the upcoming movie and reintroduce some of its star cast members. There are already multiple initiatives to attract the younger crowd, which includes interactive story telling apps based on the movies and an upcoming animated TV series.
'Star Wars' Rebels: A Must Watch For Episode 7? [Watch Trailer] [Read]
Brad Pitt's Secret Girlfriend and More Revealed in a Book by Jason Priestley [Read]
'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' - Trailer Shows the Domination of Apes [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles