Apple iPhone 6: What We Know So Far
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 12, 2014 2:24 PM EST
With umpteen leaked data and images, iPhone 6 seems to be the most anticipated and talked about device ever.
Macitynet, the Italian tech Web site, has some of the very recently leaked images of iPhone 6 dummy screen, most probably behind a sapphire screen for extra scratch resistance.
Click here to see the leaked images from Macitynet.
According to the leaked dummy images, the upcoming iPhone 6 will have a new design when compared to its predecessors. The handset is quite broader and relatively thinner in size. The images also show a comparison between Samsung Galaxy S5 and the leaked iPhone 6 dummy. iPhone 6 dummy looks a tad shorter than Galaxy 5 owing to the 4.7-inches display.
The images show a home button similar to that of iPhone 5S. Also, the power button is located peculiarly on the right side and not on top side of the smartphone. The dummy phone showcases the curved bezel, which is a change from the more angular curves seen in iPhone 5S.
The mute and volume buttons are on the left side of the phone, according to GSMarena. The camera unit at the rear end houses a round flash which does not look like a dual-LED flash. Also, there is a microphone.
Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted Apple's iPhone 6 will come with a larger 4.7-inch display, an upgraded processor, NFC and a thinner design. According to Kuo, the phone will launch in the third quarter of this year probably September 2014. The much bigger iPhone phablet with 5.5-inch display will debut in the fourth quarter of this year.
Here is a quick view of all the specifications leaked so far.
Specifications (Quick Views)
- 2 variants of iPhone 6 in the offing (4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display)
- Uses same LTPS technology
- 1,334 x 750 (326 PPI) screen for the 4.7-inch variant and a 1,920 x 1,080 (401 ppi) screen for 5.5-inch variant (rumored)
- Premium build materials and slick design
- Thinner body (possibly between 6 mm and 7 mm)
- Sapphire crystal screen for scratch resistance (due to shortage of production materials, this may be available only on 5.5-inch
- Touch ID
- A8 processor
- iOS 8
- 1GB RAM
- 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of internal storage (128 GB rumored)
- A jump from 8 MP camera unit to 12 MP unit (rumored)
- NFC (rumored)
To contact the editor, e-mail: