PS4 Roundup: Details on ‘Watch Dogs’ 60FPS/1,080p, ‘Driveclub’ Digital Policy and the DualShock 4–Project Morpheus Connection
By Gel Galang | May 12, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Even as the release date of "Watch Dogs" comes closer, Ubisoft has not yet released any details on the specs for the platforms it will be releasing to. But it can spawn quite the new talk of possible resolution gate issues between the Xbox One and PS4.
However, Joystiq has spotted a listing of "Watch Dogs" over at PlayStation, which reveals it will have a 1,080p/60FPS resolution for the PS4.
Confirmation is still needed from Ubisoft, but hopefully, this is true, if only to ensure fans the failed gameplay trailer, which can be seen below, isn't all they can expect for "Watch Dogs."
'Driveclub' Unfair Digital Policy Reversed
Now that "Driveclub" is finally coming out, fans have been very excited to get back into gear and start playing the promised ultimate racing game on their PS4 consoles.
However, those who have been thinking of getting the special free version of the game via the PS Plus—as promised way back in the announcements for the game—and going for a digital upgrade for only $50 felt screwed over by an earlier announcement via the PlayStation Blog.
"If you're not an active PlayStation Plus member, you can still get Driveclub via the PlayStation Store or your local retailer on Blu-ray," the original statement previously said.
Forbes noted that, those who will be canceling their PlayStation Plus membership before the release arrives will not only lose access to the PS Plus demo but also the full version of the game if they had bought it.
This has already been reversed in an update of the blog:
"Our priority for DRIVECLUB is to enable you to play and enjoy everything it has to offer and PlayStation recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate. As a result, we have adjusted the PlayStation Plus terms for DRIVECLUB.
Now, If you intend on downloading DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the full game even if your PlayStation Plus subscription runs out."
DualShock 4 and Project Morpheus: Match Made for Two
Those who have been annoyed and complaining about the light bar on the PS4's DualShock 4 controller may want to know it's not just there as a distracter—it was actually created for the Project Morpheus.
In an interview reported by IGN, it was revealed the light bar was for tracking purposes, though this was treated as a useless new addition to the PS4 new controller due to fact that Project Morpheus has been a hushed project until its actual reveal.
"The tracking light... it was our department that said we need that on. It was for tracking for VR, and when all these things were coming out six months ago and everyone was going 'it's reflecting in my TV,' we were going 'oh no' because we couldn't tell anyone what it was for," said SCEE senior designer Jed Ashforth in an interview quoted by IGN.
While players can now dim the light bar, it's good to know the Project Morpheus really has been a project Sony has been dedicated to when it comes to development in relation to the PS4.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps