Eminem Released New Song Video 'Headlights' on Mother's Day to Start A New Relationship with Estranged Mother, Debbie Mathers
By Annie Dee | May 12, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Eminem released a new track entitled "Headlights" and the track's video was dropped on Mother's day, May 11. Both the song's lyrics and video have Eminem pouring his heart out about how sorry he feels about badmouthing his mother in his music over the years. The song and video is said to be an attempt at reconciling with his estranged mother, Debbie Mathers.
At 41, the Grammy award-winning singer seems to want nothing else but to have a new relationship with his mother. To start over, the singer knows that he should bury the hatchet first with his estranged mother. This is why, his new song Headlights and the accompanying video is full of apologetic lyrics, which demonstrate how Eminem is sorry for constantly saying bad words against his mother for the past years.
The video starts with Eminem saying "I Know I let you down ma", and then it went to various scenes showing vivid and painful looking flashbacks of how Eminem spent his childhood. Several scenes showed shabby-looking house, shattered Christmas tree ornaments as well as Eminem and his mom arguing. what made the video touching is that the whole video is shot from a first person perspective. Viewers can feel how difficult it was for Eminem growing up.
Eminem has been quite vocal about his anger towards his mom, especially in his songs. In one of his songs, "Cleanin' Out My Closet," Eminem was plainly lashing out against his mom.
"But put yourself in my position; just try to envision witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen B**ching that someone's always going through her purse and sh*t's missing going through public housing systems, victim of Munchhausen's Syndrome My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't til I grew up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya stomach Doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me Ma? But guess what? You're getting older now and it's cold when you're lonely And Nathan's growing up so quick he's gonna know that you're phony."
In his movie, 8 Mile, which is based on his own life, his mother was portrayed as verbally abusive and alcoholic.
Now that he is 41, Eminem might have realized he is not getting any younger and certainly not his mother, which is why Eminem is more than willing to put the past behind him, especially when it comes to his mother. Maybe this song of him apologizing can be the first step in mending their relationship. This may just be one of the best Mother's day tribute ever.
Below is the said video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles