Eminem Released New Song Video 'Headlights' on Mother's Day to Start A New Relationship with Estranged Mother, Debbie Mathers
By Annie Dee | May 12, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Eminem released a new track entitled "Headlights" and the track's video was dropped on Mother's day, May 11. Both the song's lyrics and video have Eminem pouring his heart out about how sorry he feels about badmouthing his mother in his music over the years. The song and video is said to be an attempt at reconciling with his estranged mother, Debbie Mathers.
At 41, the Grammy award-winning singer seems to want nothing else but to have a new relationship with his mother. To start over, the singer knows that he should bury the hatchet first with his estranged mother. This is why, his new song Headlights and the accompanying video is full of apologetic lyrics, which demonstrate how Eminem is sorry for constantly saying bad words against his mother for the past years.
The video starts with Eminem saying "I Know I let you down ma", and then it went to various scenes showing vivid and painful looking flashbacks of how Eminem spent his childhood. Several scenes showed shabby-looking house, shattered Christmas tree ornaments as well as Eminem and his mom arguing. what made the video touching is that the whole video is shot from a first person perspective. Viewers can feel how difficult it was for Eminem growing up.
Eminem has been quite vocal about his anger towards his mom, especially in his songs. In one of his songs, "Cleanin' Out My Closet," Eminem was plainly lashing out against his mom.
"But put yourself in my position; just try to envision witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen B**ching that someone's always going through her purse and sh*t's missing going through public housing systems, victim of Munchhausen's Syndrome My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't til I grew up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya stomach Doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me Ma? But guess what? You're getting older now and it's cold when you're lonely And Nathan's growing up so quick he's gonna know that you're phony."
In his movie, 8 Mile, which is based on his own life, his mother was portrayed as verbally abusive and alcoholic.
Now that he is 41, Eminem might have realized he is not getting any younger and certainly not his mother, which is why Eminem is more than willing to put the past behind him, especially when it comes to his mother. Maybe this song of him apologizing can be the first step in mending their relationship. This may just be one of the best Mother's day tribute ever.
Below is the said video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales