Eminem Released New Song Video 'Headlights' on Mother's Day to Start A New Relationship with Estranged Mother, Debbie Mathers
By Annie Dee | May 12, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Eminem released a new track entitled "Headlights" and the track's video was dropped on Mother's day, May 11. Both the song's lyrics and video have Eminem pouring his heart out about how sorry he feels about badmouthing his mother in his music over the years. The song and video is said to be an attempt at reconciling with his estranged mother, Debbie Mathers.
At 41, the Grammy award-winning singer seems to want nothing else but to have a new relationship with his mother. To start over, the singer knows that he should bury the hatchet first with his estranged mother. This is why, his new song Headlights and the accompanying video is full of apologetic lyrics, which demonstrate how Eminem is sorry for constantly saying bad words against his mother for the past years.
The video starts with Eminem saying "I Know I let you down ma", and then it went to various scenes showing vivid and painful looking flashbacks of how Eminem spent his childhood. Several scenes showed shabby-looking house, shattered Christmas tree ornaments as well as Eminem and his mom arguing. what made the video touching is that the whole video is shot from a first person perspective. Viewers can feel how difficult it was for Eminem growing up.
Eminem has been quite vocal about his anger towards his mom, especially in his songs. In one of his songs, "Cleanin' Out My Closet," Eminem was plainly lashing out against his mom.
"But put yourself in my position; just try to envision witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen B**ching that someone's always going through her purse and sh*t's missing going through public housing systems, victim of Munchhausen's Syndrome My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't til I grew up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya stomach Doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me Ma? But guess what? You're getting older now and it's cold when you're lonely And Nathan's growing up so quick he's gonna know that you're phony."
In his movie, 8 Mile, which is based on his own life, his mother was portrayed as verbally abusive and alcoholic.
Now that he is 41, Eminem might have realized he is not getting any younger and certainly not his mother, which is why Eminem is more than willing to put the past behind him, especially when it comes to his mother. Maybe this song of him apologizing can be the first step in mending their relationship. This may just be one of the best Mother's day tribute ever.
Below is the said video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’