Eminem Released New Song Video 'Headlights' on Mother's Day to Start A New Relationship with Estranged Mother, Debbie Mathers
By Annie Dee | May 12, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Eminem released a new track entitled "Headlights" and the track's video was dropped on Mother's day, May 11. Both the song's lyrics and video have Eminem pouring his heart out about how sorry he feels about badmouthing his mother in his music over the years. The song and video is said to be an attempt at reconciling with his estranged mother, Debbie Mathers.
At 41, the Grammy award-winning singer seems to want nothing else but to have a new relationship with his mother. To start over, the singer knows that he should bury the hatchet first with his estranged mother. This is why, his new song Headlights and the accompanying video is full of apologetic lyrics, which demonstrate how Eminem is sorry for constantly saying bad words against his mother for the past years.
The video starts with Eminem saying "I Know I let you down ma", and then it went to various scenes showing vivid and painful looking flashbacks of how Eminem spent his childhood. Several scenes showed shabby-looking house, shattered Christmas tree ornaments as well as Eminem and his mom arguing. what made the video touching is that the whole video is shot from a first person perspective. Viewers can feel how difficult it was for Eminem growing up.
Eminem has been quite vocal about his anger towards his mom, especially in his songs. In one of his songs, "Cleanin' Out My Closet," Eminem was plainly lashing out against his mom.
"But put yourself in my position; just try to envision witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen B**ching that someone's always going through her purse and sh*t's missing going through public housing systems, victim of Munchhausen's Syndrome My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't til I grew up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya stomach Doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me Ma? But guess what? You're getting older now and it's cold when you're lonely And Nathan's growing up so quick he's gonna know that you're phony."
In his movie, 8 Mile, which is based on his own life, his mother was portrayed as verbally abusive and alcoholic.
Now that he is 41, Eminem might have realized he is not getting any younger and certainly not his mother, which is why Eminem is more than willing to put the past behind him, especially when it comes to his mother. Maybe this song of him apologizing can be the first step in mending their relationship. This may just be one of the best Mother's day tribute ever.
Below is the said video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert