Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming 'X-Men:Days Of Future Past,' Shares Who Will Take Over Wolverine Role
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in "X-Men," nearly lost his manhood while filming the superhero movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Australian actor Hugh Jackman attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
The Sun reported that the 45-year old actor had a brush with mutilation while on set of his upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, Hugh Jackman said that it was during the the filming of 'X-Men 2," as seen in a segment of "The Graham Norton Show." The Australian actor said that he had nearly castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while shooting a nude scene in which he had requested a closed set.
"There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set," Jackman said.
However, to his surprise, when he stepped out for the shoot, all members of the female crew were there to witness his "nakedness." They were even hooting at him with their five dollar bills, the actor shared. The surprise had him immediately covering his manhood with his hands, totally forgetting about the metal blades.
"I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh. It was just the inner thigh, thankfully," he said.
Jackman also commented on the movie's PG-13 rating and jokingly said that the claws had to go, since having a PG-13 means you can't have bits and pieces of his package flying about.
"X-Men" co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who also guest-starred on the show, could only cringe while Jackman was narrating the incident.
According to Daily News, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jackman's sixth go playing the famous comic book hero Wolverine, including his cameo role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class." The actor admitted though, that it's only a matter of time before age will catch up to him, and he would no longer be able to undergo the physical training needed to play Wolverine. He even already has a successor in mind. Jackman told Britain's Press Association that Channing Tatum certainly has the abs ("Magic Mike") and the action skills ("G.I. Joe") to take over his role. However, Hugh Jackman assured his fans when he told Daily News that he will still be playing Wolverine as long as there' a reason for another film and a great director and great script to go along with it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect