Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming 'X-Men:Days Of Future Past,' Shares Who Will Take Over Wolverine Role
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in "X-Men," nearly lost his manhood while filming the superhero movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Australian actor Hugh Jackman attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
The Sun reported that the 45-year old actor had a brush with mutilation while on set of his upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, Hugh Jackman said that it was during the the filming of 'X-Men 2," as seen in a segment of "The Graham Norton Show." The Australian actor said that he had nearly castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while shooting a nude scene in which he had requested a closed set.
"There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set," Jackman said.
However, to his surprise, when he stepped out for the shoot, all members of the female crew were there to witness his "nakedness." They were even hooting at him with their five dollar bills, the actor shared. The surprise had him immediately covering his manhood with his hands, totally forgetting about the metal blades.
"I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh. It was just the inner thigh, thankfully," he said.
Jackman also commented on the movie's PG-13 rating and jokingly said that the claws had to go, since having a PG-13 means you can't have bits and pieces of his package flying about.
"X-Men" co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who also guest-starred on the show, could only cringe while Jackman was narrating the incident.
According to Daily News, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jackman's sixth go playing the famous comic book hero Wolverine, including his cameo role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class." The actor admitted though, that it's only a matter of time before age will catch up to him, and he would no longer be able to undergo the physical training needed to play Wolverine. He even already has a successor in mind. Jackman told Britain's Press Association that Channing Tatum certainly has the abs ("Magic Mike") and the action skills ("G.I. Joe") to take over his role. However, Hugh Jackman assured his fans when he told Daily News that he will still be playing Wolverine as long as there' a reason for another film and a great director and great script to go along with it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid