Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming 'X-Men:Days Of Future Past,' Shares Who Will Take Over Wolverine Role
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in "X-Men," nearly lost his manhood while filming the superhero movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Australian actor Hugh Jackman attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
The Sun reported that the 45-year old actor had a brush with mutilation while on set of his upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, Hugh Jackman said that it was during the the filming of 'X-Men 2," as seen in a segment of "The Graham Norton Show." The Australian actor said that he had nearly castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while shooting a nude scene in which he had requested a closed set.
"There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set," Jackman said.
However, to his surprise, when he stepped out for the shoot, all members of the female crew were there to witness his "nakedness." They were even hooting at him with their five dollar bills, the actor shared. The surprise had him immediately covering his manhood with his hands, totally forgetting about the metal blades.
"I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh. It was just the inner thigh, thankfully," he said.
Jackman also commented on the movie's PG-13 rating and jokingly said that the claws had to go, since having a PG-13 means you can't have bits and pieces of his package flying about.
"X-Men" co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who also guest-starred on the show, could only cringe while Jackman was narrating the incident.
According to Daily News, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jackman's sixth go playing the famous comic book hero Wolverine, including his cameo role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class." The actor admitted though, that it's only a matter of time before age will catch up to him, and he would no longer be able to undergo the physical training needed to play Wolverine. He even already has a successor in mind. Jackman told Britain's Press Association that Channing Tatum certainly has the abs ("Magic Mike") and the action skills ("G.I. Joe") to take over his role. However, Hugh Jackman assured his fans when he told Daily News that he will still be playing Wolverine as long as there' a reason for another film and a great director and great script to go along with it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'