Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming 'X-Men:Days Of Future Past,' Shares Who Will Take Over Wolverine Role
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in "X-Men," nearly lost his manhood while filming the superhero movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Australian actor Hugh Jackman attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
The Sun reported that the 45-year old actor had a brush with mutilation while on set of his upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, Hugh Jackman said that it was during the the filming of 'X-Men 2," as seen in a segment of "The Graham Norton Show." The Australian actor said that he had nearly castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while shooting a nude scene in which he had requested a closed set.
"There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set," Jackman said.
However, to his surprise, when he stepped out for the shoot, all members of the female crew were there to witness his "nakedness." They were even hooting at him with their five dollar bills, the actor shared. The surprise had him immediately covering his manhood with his hands, totally forgetting about the metal blades.
"I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh. It was just the inner thigh, thankfully," he said.
Jackman also commented on the movie's PG-13 rating and jokingly said that the claws had to go, since having a PG-13 means you can't have bits and pieces of his package flying about.
"X-Men" co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who also guest-starred on the show, could only cringe while Jackman was narrating the incident.
According to Daily News, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jackman's sixth go playing the famous comic book hero Wolverine, including his cameo role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class." The actor admitted though, that it's only a matter of time before age will catch up to him, and he would no longer be able to undergo the physical training needed to play Wolverine. He even already has a successor in mind. Jackman told Britain's Press Association that Channing Tatum certainly has the abs ("Magic Mike") and the action skills ("G.I. Joe") to take over his role. However, Hugh Jackman assured his fans when he told Daily News that he will still be playing Wolverine as long as there' a reason for another film and a great director and great script to go along with it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia