Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming 'X-Men:Days Of Future Past,' Shares Who Will Take Over Wolverine Role
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in "X-Men," nearly lost his manhood while filming the superhero movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Australian actor Hugh Jackman attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
The Sun reported that the 45-year old actor had a brush with mutilation while on set of his upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, Hugh Jackman said that it was during the the filming of 'X-Men 2," as seen in a segment of "The Graham Norton Show." The Australian actor said that he had nearly castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while shooting a nude scene in which he had requested a closed set.
"There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set," Jackman said.
However, to his surprise, when he stepped out for the shoot, all members of the female crew were there to witness his "nakedness." They were even hooting at him with their five dollar bills, the actor shared. The surprise had him immediately covering his manhood with his hands, totally forgetting about the metal blades.
"I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh. It was just the inner thigh, thankfully," he said.
Jackman also commented on the movie's PG-13 rating and jokingly said that the claws had to go, since having a PG-13 means you can't have bits and pieces of his package flying about.
"X-Men" co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who also guest-starred on the show, could only cringe while Jackman was narrating the incident.
According to Daily News, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jackman's sixth go playing the famous comic book hero Wolverine, including his cameo role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class." The actor admitted though, that it's only a matter of time before age will catch up to him, and he would no longer be able to undergo the physical training needed to play Wolverine. He even already has a successor in mind. Jackman told Britain's Press Association that Channing Tatum certainly has the abs ("Magic Mike") and the action skills ("G.I. Joe") to take over his role. However, Hugh Jackman assured his fans when he told Daily News that he will still be playing Wolverine as long as there' a reason for another film and a great director and great script to go along with it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money