‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One and New Skin Pack Updates; Mojang on Reported Shut Down
By Gel Galang | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
"Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One, two of the most anticipated games for the building game, has a new update from developer 4J Studios.
It seems that the promised next-gen versions of the game will be a lot bigger compared to what's already existing in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, reports VG 24/7.
This is an interesting update, considering that previous reports have confirmed that save transfers from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version have been confirmed just late last April. Whether or not the save transfer would mean that, to some extent, the worlds will still feel familiar to each other despite the discrepancy in sizes remains to be seen, as "Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One editions are expected to release during Q2 or Q3 of 2014.
10-year Plan for Mojang: No Shutdown Included
Following a recent interview with GameSpot, "Minecraft" creator Markus "Notch" Persson was quoted saying, "Hopefully, we are going to keep making money at Mojang, but if we don't, that's fine. We just have 10 fun years, and then the last year, we'd say to our employees, 'If we don't make any money this year, Mojang is going to be dead. So you might want to look for new jobs.'"
For some, this may easily translate as a foreboding end to "Minecraft" and according to the source, may get some to thinking that the 10-year plan means that Mojang is only looking at 10 more years of being a developer of "Minecraft" and that's it.
But considering that "Minecraft" is one of the biggest games to date--with expansions to the PS4 and Xbox One consoles expected by a large fanbase--it's highly unlikely that this will happen anytime soon.
And Notch has ensured that the 10-year plan he had mentioned doesn't hint at any untimely demise for the studio.
"And I don't see how wed stop making money anytime soon at the rate things are going," he said via Twitter as quoted by GameSpot.
In fact, as a celebration, fellow "Minecraft" developer 4J Studios has just announced the free "Minecraft" 2nd birthday skin pack, re-released, following the releases of the Marvel Spider-Man Skin Pack and the Marvel Avengers Skin Pack earlier. "Minecraft" doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists