‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One and New Skin Pack Updates; Mojang on Reported Shut Down
By Gel Galang | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
"Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One, two of the most anticipated games for the building game, has a new update from developer 4J Studios.
It seems that the promised next-gen versions of the game will be a lot bigger compared to what's already existing in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, reports VG 24/7.
This is an interesting update, considering that previous reports have confirmed that save transfers from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version have been confirmed just late last April. Whether or not the save transfer would mean that, to some extent, the worlds will still feel familiar to each other despite the discrepancy in sizes remains to be seen, as "Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One editions are expected to release during Q2 or Q3 of 2014.
10-year Plan for Mojang: No Shutdown Included
Following a recent interview with GameSpot, "Minecraft" creator Markus "Notch" Persson was quoted saying, "Hopefully, we are going to keep making money at Mojang, but if we don't, that's fine. We just have 10 fun years, and then the last year, we'd say to our employees, 'If we don't make any money this year, Mojang is going to be dead. So you might want to look for new jobs.'"
For some, this may easily translate as a foreboding end to "Minecraft" and according to the source, may get some to thinking that the 10-year plan means that Mojang is only looking at 10 more years of being a developer of "Minecraft" and that's it.
But considering that "Minecraft" is one of the biggest games to date--with expansions to the PS4 and Xbox One consoles expected by a large fanbase--it's highly unlikely that this will happen anytime soon.
And Notch has ensured that the 10-year plan he had mentioned doesn't hint at any untimely demise for the studio.
"And I don't see how wed stop making money anytime soon at the rate things are going," he said via Twitter as quoted by GameSpot.
In fact, as a celebration, fellow "Minecraft" developer 4J Studios has just announced the free "Minecraft" 2nd birthday skin pack, re-released, following the releases of the Marvel Spider-Man Skin Pack and the Marvel Avengers Skin Pack earlier. "Minecraft" doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More