‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One and New Skin Pack Updates; Mojang on Reported Shut Down
By Gel Galang | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
"Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One, two of the most anticipated games for the building game, has a new update from developer 4J Studios.
It seems that the promised next-gen versions of the game will be a lot bigger compared to what's already existing in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, reports VG 24/7.
This is an interesting update, considering that previous reports have confirmed that save transfers from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version have been confirmed just late last April. Whether or not the save transfer would mean that, to some extent, the worlds will still feel familiar to each other despite the discrepancy in sizes remains to be seen, as "Minecraft" PS4 and Xbox One editions are expected to release during Q2 or Q3 of 2014.
10-year Plan for Mojang: No Shutdown Included
Following a recent interview with GameSpot, "Minecraft" creator Markus "Notch" Persson was quoted saying, "Hopefully, we are going to keep making money at Mojang, but if we don't, that's fine. We just have 10 fun years, and then the last year, we'd say to our employees, 'If we don't make any money this year, Mojang is going to be dead. So you might want to look for new jobs.'"
For some, this may easily translate as a foreboding end to "Minecraft" and according to the source, may get some to thinking that the 10-year plan means that Mojang is only looking at 10 more years of being a developer of "Minecraft" and that's it.
But considering that "Minecraft" is one of the biggest games to date--with expansions to the PS4 and Xbox One consoles expected by a large fanbase--it's highly unlikely that this will happen anytime soon.
And Notch has ensured that the 10-year plan he had mentioned doesn't hint at any untimely demise for the studio.
"And I don't see how wed stop making money anytime soon at the rate things are going," he said via Twitter as quoted by GameSpot.
In fact, as a celebration, fellow "Minecraft" developer 4J Studios has just announced the free "Minecraft" 2nd birthday skin pack, re-released, following the releases of the Marvel Spider-Man Skin Pack and the Marvel Avengers Skin Pack earlier. "Minecraft" doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage