Latest Update On The New Apple iPhone 6 Release Features Water Resistant Phone Capability [Photos]
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
Leaks on the new iPhone 6's design and features have been floating online for the past few weeks. Among them is a 4.7-inch screen, while some sources also cited a 5.5-inch screen model coming out at a later time this year. GSMArena has the leaked photos of the reported new iPhone 6 on its Web site. If this is true, the new iPhone 6 would border on the phablet category of smartphones.
There is also the possibility of the new iPhone 6 being water-resistant.Leaked photos, as seen in GSMArena, showed the iPhone 6 model submerged in a sink full of water (see Photo 1). Regardless if the phone used in the demo is a nonworking dummy model, it still hinted the possibility of iPhone 6 being water-resistant (see Photo 2).
Another reason iPhone 6 can be water-resistant is the available service being offered by Liquipel. According to Liquipel, its technology, similarly known as liquipel, is a specialized process that applies a liquid repellent substance to electronic devices to make it water-resistant.
The device is placed into its proprietary machine that pumps down to create a vacuum. Once the vacuum process is complete, the liquipel formula is then injected and turns from liquid to gas as it enters the chamber. The final step introduces the plasma, which decomposes the liquid repellent molecules of the liquipel, polymerizing them to themselves. Once the chamber comes back to atmospheric pressure, the device is then removed with no cure time and the process is complete. Liquipel then becomes the new surface of the device and its components (Check videos of the process below).
For the past year, more smartphone manufacturers are making mobile phones with added protection from nature's elements, namely: water and dust. If the likes of Sony, Samsung, and even LG have released water-resistant phone models like Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG's upcoming flagship LG G3, then it would be no surprise if Apple also follows suit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage