Latest Update On The New Apple iPhone 6 Release Features Water Resistant Phone Capability [Photos]
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
Leaks on the new iPhone 6's design and features have been floating online for the past few weeks. Among them is a 4.7-inch screen, while some sources also cited a 5.5-inch screen model coming out at a later time this year. GSMArena has the leaked photos of the reported new iPhone 6 on its Web site. If this is true, the new iPhone 6 would border on the phablet category of smartphones.
There is also the possibility of the new iPhone 6 being water-resistant.Leaked photos, as seen in GSMArena, showed the iPhone 6 model submerged in a sink full of water (see Photo 1). Regardless if the phone used in the demo is a nonworking dummy model, it still hinted the possibility of iPhone 6 being water-resistant (see Photo 2).
Another reason iPhone 6 can be water-resistant is the available service being offered by Liquipel. According to Liquipel, its technology, similarly known as liquipel, is a specialized process that applies a liquid repellent substance to electronic devices to make it water-resistant.
The device is placed into its proprietary machine that pumps down to create a vacuum. Once the vacuum process is complete, the liquipel formula is then injected and turns from liquid to gas as it enters the chamber. The final step introduces the plasma, which decomposes the liquid repellent molecules of the liquipel, polymerizing them to themselves. Once the chamber comes back to atmospheric pressure, the device is then removed with no cure time and the process is complete. Liquipel then becomes the new surface of the device and its components (Check videos of the process below).
For the past year, more smartphone manufacturers are making mobile phones with added protection from nature's elements, namely: water and dust. If the likes of Sony, Samsung, and even LG have released water-resistant phone models like Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG's upcoming flagship LG G3, then it would be no surprise if Apple also follows suit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0