Latest Update On The New Apple iPhone 6 Release Features Water Resistant Phone Capability [Photos]
By Tanya Diente | May 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
Leaks on the new iPhone 6's design and features have been floating online for the past few weeks. Among them is a 4.7-inch screen, while some sources also cited a 5.5-inch screen model coming out at a later time this year. GSMArena has the leaked photos of the reported new iPhone 6 on its Web site. If this is true, the new iPhone 6 would border on the phablet category of smartphones.
There is also the possibility of the new iPhone 6 being water-resistant.Leaked photos, as seen in GSMArena, showed the iPhone 6 model submerged in a sink full of water (see Photo 1). Regardless if the phone used in the demo is a nonworking dummy model, it still hinted the possibility of iPhone 6 being water-resistant (see Photo 2).
Another reason iPhone 6 can be water-resistant is the available service being offered by Liquipel. According to Liquipel, its technology, similarly known as liquipel, is a specialized process that applies a liquid repellent substance to electronic devices to make it water-resistant.
The device is placed into its proprietary machine that pumps down to create a vacuum. Once the vacuum process is complete, the liquipel formula is then injected and turns from liquid to gas as it enters the chamber. The final step introduces the plasma, which decomposes the liquid repellent molecules of the liquipel, polymerizing them to themselves. Once the chamber comes back to atmospheric pressure, the device is then removed with no cure time and the process is complete. Liquipel then becomes the new surface of the device and its components (Check videos of the process below).
For the past year, more smartphone manufacturers are making mobile phones with added protection from nature's elements, namely: water and dust. If the likes of Sony, Samsung, and even LG have released water-resistant phone models like Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG's upcoming flagship LG G3, then it would be no surprise if Apple also follows suit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes