Apple Inc. iPhone 6 Coming in August, 80million Units Expected
By Athena Yenko | May 12, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Numerous analysts had been pinning for iPhone 6 to be the chief catalyst to propel Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock saying that a larger screen display will help the company snatch customers away from rival Samsung.
Citing Taiwanese news portal, the Economic Daily News, Reuters said unnamed sources from Apple supply chains leaked the information.
Based on supply chains estimate, Apple Inc is seen to be shipping a total of 80 million units for 2014.
The unnamed sources quoted by Economic Daily News said that the company had acquisitions from Taiwanese suppliers like Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co and Largan Precision which produce lenses for mobile phones.
The source also said that both Foxconn and Pegatron had also been contacted by Apple and was instructed to begin production with target end manufacturing date around final weeks of June.
As for the rumoured iPhone 6 with 5.5 - 5.6 inch screen, the original September release will push through.
Fifteen per cent of the manufacturing being done in Pegatron is comprised of the 4.7 iPhone 6, Taiwan's Commercial Times reported as quoted by AppleInsider.
Pegatron will be responsible for 50 million units of iPhone for 2014 which was 40 per cent higher from the 35 million iPhones produced by the supplier in 2013. The increase was reportedly due to hastened manufacturing of iPhone 6. To deliver the target order, Pegatron had been offloading the bulk of the production to a new facility in Kunshan.
Foxconn on the other hand is responsible for the remaining 85 per cent of the total target units of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Foxconn had been the exclusive manufacturer of top iPhone units like the iPhone 5s.
China Times had earlier quoted unnamed sources claiming Pegatron had started production of iPhone 6 around the second quarter as the supplier had already trained thousands of new recruits to handle its manufacturing orders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’