Apple Inc. iPhone 6 Coming in August, 80million Units Expected
By Athena Yenko | May 12, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Numerous analysts had been pinning for iPhone 6 to be the chief catalyst to propel Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock saying that a larger screen display will help the company snatch customers away from rival Samsung.
Citing Taiwanese news portal, the Economic Daily News, Reuters said unnamed sources from Apple supply chains leaked the information.
Based on supply chains estimate, Apple Inc is seen to be shipping a total of 80 million units for 2014.
The unnamed sources quoted by Economic Daily News said that the company had acquisitions from Taiwanese suppliers like Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co and Largan Precision which produce lenses for mobile phones.
The source also said that both Foxconn and Pegatron had also been contacted by Apple and was instructed to begin production with target end manufacturing date around final weeks of June.
As for the rumoured iPhone 6 with 5.5 - 5.6 inch screen, the original September release will push through.
Fifteen per cent of the manufacturing being done in Pegatron is comprised of the 4.7 iPhone 6, Taiwan's Commercial Times reported as quoted by AppleInsider.
Pegatron will be responsible for 50 million units of iPhone for 2014 which was 40 per cent higher from the 35 million iPhones produced by the supplier in 2013. The increase was reportedly due to hastened manufacturing of iPhone 6. To deliver the target order, Pegatron had been offloading the bulk of the production to a new facility in Kunshan.
Foxconn on the other hand is responsible for the remaining 85 per cent of the total target units of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Foxconn had been the exclusive manufacturer of top iPhone units like the iPhone 5s.
China Times had earlier quoted unnamed sources claiming Pegatron had started production of iPhone 6 around the second quarter as the supplier had already trained thousands of new recruits to handle its manufacturing orders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown