Apple Inc. iPhone 6 Coming in August, 80million Units Expected
By Athena Yenko | May 12, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Numerous analysts had been pinning for iPhone 6 to be the chief catalyst to propel Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock saying that a larger screen display will help the company snatch customers away from rival Samsung.
Citing Taiwanese news portal, the Economic Daily News, Reuters said unnamed sources from Apple supply chains leaked the information.
Based on supply chains estimate, Apple Inc is seen to be shipping a total of 80 million units for 2014.
The unnamed sources quoted by Economic Daily News said that the company had acquisitions from Taiwanese suppliers like Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co and Largan Precision which produce lenses for mobile phones.
The source also said that both Foxconn and Pegatron had also been contacted by Apple and was instructed to begin production with target end manufacturing date around final weeks of June.
As for the rumoured iPhone 6 with 5.5 - 5.6 inch screen, the original September release will push through.
Fifteen per cent of the manufacturing being done in Pegatron is comprised of the 4.7 iPhone 6, Taiwan's Commercial Times reported as quoted by AppleInsider.
Pegatron will be responsible for 50 million units of iPhone for 2014 which was 40 per cent higher from the 35 million iPhones produced by the supplier in 2013. The increase was reportedly due to hastened manufacturing of iPhone 6. To deliver the target order, Pegatron had been offloading the bulk of the production to a new facility in Kunshan.
Foxconn on the other hand is responsible for the remaining 85 per cent of the total target units of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Foxconn had been the exclusive manufacturer of top iPhone units like the iPhone 5s.
China Times had earlier quoted unnamed sources claiming Pegatron had started production of iPhone 6 around the second quarter as the supplier had already trained thousands of new recruits to handle its manufacturing orders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?