Apple Inc. iPhone 6 Coming in August, 80million Units Expected
By Athena Yenko | May 12, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Numerous analysts had been pinning for iPhone 6 to be the chief catalyst to propel Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock saying that a larger screen display will help the company snatch customers away from rival Samsung.
Citing Taiwanese news portal, the Economic Daily News, Reuters said unnamed sources from Apple supply chains leaked the information.
Based on supply chains estimate, Apple Inc is seen to be shipping a total of 80 million units for 2014.
The unnamed sources quoted by Economic Daily News said that the company had acquisitions from Taiwanese suppliers like Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co and Largan Precision which produce lenses for mobile phones.
The source also said that both Foxconn and Pegatron had also been contacted by Apple and was instructed to begin production with target end manufacturing date around final weeks of June.
As for the rumoured iPhone 6 with 5.5 - 5.6 inch screen, the original September release will push through.
Fifteen per cent of the manufacturing being done in Pegatron is comprised of the 4.7 iPhone 6, Taiwan's Commercial Times reported as quoted by AppleInsider.
Pegatron will be responsible for 50 million units of iPhone for 2014 which was 40 per cent higher from the 35 million iPhones produced by the supplier in 2013. The increase was reportedly due to hastened manufacturing of iPhone 6. To deliver the target order, Pegatron had been offloading the bulk of the production to a new facility in Kunshan.
Foxconn on the other hand is responsible for the remaining 85 per cent of the total target units of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Foxconn had been the exclusive manufacturer of top iPhone units like the iPhone 5s.
China Times had earlier quoted unnamed sources claiming Pegatron had started production of iPhone 6 around the second quarter as the supplier had already trained thousands of new recruits to handle its manufacturing orders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes