‘Dracula’ Season 2 Cancelled by NBC—Fans Go Ballistic on Social Media
By Sachin Trivedi | May 12, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Fans who were waiting for renewal of their favourite show “Dracula” for season 2 are finding it difficult to understand NBC’s decision to cancel the show. Fans have taken to social media to express their sadness and anger over the decision.
"Dracula" was one of the most promising shows for NBC. The show had a strong debut, but later started to lose viewership. There was some concern during mid-season about the possibility of the show getting cancelled owing to poor numbers. The viewership reportedly saw a spike towards the finale of season 1.
Some fans blamed NBC for the poor numbers for "Dracula." They contend NBC did not do enough to promote the show in the form of advertising. Some fans also blame the air timing of the show as a possible cause for the poor numbers; some fans believe the show should not get a time slot of either Friday night or Saturday night, as during this time most of the potential audience may not be home.
Fans have taken to social media to express their disappointment. Many were hopeful and were looking forward to "Dracula" season 2. Many fans consider the decision to cancel the show to be a mistake. A lot of anger has been directed towards NBC.
There is a petition in Change.org by Catherine Flynn from Portsmouth, Virginia, to renew "Dracula" for season 2. The petition has over 25,000 signatures with still over 9,000+ signatures needed to be sent to the company.
The Facebook likes for the show has steadily surged. The FB page currently has over 800,000 "likes." The news of the cancellation has come as a shock to many in the group, although some hope the show may be picked up by another network.
Has NBC made a mistake by not renewing "Dracula" for season 2? Or do the ratings and viewership justify the network's decision? Are the fans justified in their anger against the network? Let us know in the comments section below.
Brad Pitt's Secret Girlfriend and More Revealed in a Book by Jason Priestley [Read]
'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'—Trailer Shows the Domination of Apes [Read]
'Star Wars Rebels': A Must Watch For Episode 7? [Watch Trailer] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?